Mr. Anthony Racioppo
Staten Island, NY 10308
Anthony Racioppo is an Accident Reconstructionist, ASE Certified Forensic Master Mechanic and Trucking & Safety Expert. He has been investigating motor vehicle accidents for over 35 years both with the New York City Police Department and with East Coast Forensics Corp. He has been at the scene and investigated over a thousand fatal and serious vehicle accidents. Anthony has maintained his ASE Certification as a Master Automobile and Master Truck Technician throughout his career. It is his ASE Certification coupled with his NYS Certified Vehicle Inspector status and years of experience as an automobile technician which helped earned him the unique qualification as a "Forensic Mechanical Expert". The unique marriage of his On-Scene Accident Investigation experience AND Forensic Mechanical examination qualifications has earned him Court Expert Status in both fields. This dual expert status allowed him to effectively testify in matters where mechanical and human error were an issue. Anthony is also a Motor Carrier Safety Consultant who works with trucking companies to develop a safer fleet and operations protocol.
- Accident Investigation
- Accident Reconstruction
- Automobile Mechanical & Body Repair
- Bus & Truck Safety/Accident
- Failure Analysis
- Jury/Trial Consultant
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Private Investigators
- Seat Belts & Air Bags
- Traffic/Highway Safety
- Transportation Safety
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician
ASE Certified Master Truck Technician
NYS Licensed Motor Vehicle Safety Inspector
NYPD Accident Investigator
NYS Bonded and Licensed Private Investigator
Court Qualified Forensic Vehicle Mechanic
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: SAE International
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
New York Statewide Traffic Accident reconstruction Society
New Jersey Association of Accident Reconstructionists
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately a fifty times post NYPD Career (Criminal Defense/Prosecution, Civil Plaintiff/Defendant)
Hundreds of times during my NYPD Career in Civil and Criminal matters
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Forensic Auto Mechanic
Motor Carrier Safety (Trucking Matters)
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Al least 50 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: January 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 20 times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 10 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Traffic Design and Defect Analysis
Forensic Auto Mechanics
Automobile Failure and Defect Analysis
Accident Reconstruction (speed from skid, speed from crush, speed from post impact dynamics, etc..)
Vehicle Maintenance Procedure Expert
Human Factors related to Auto Accidents
Motor Carrier Safety Expert (Trucking Maintenance & Safety Expert)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Free initial phone consult
$250 / Hr (after first consult)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250 / Hr (Case Review & Office Work)
$275 / Hr (Field Work & Investigation)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $325 / Hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $325 / Hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel time is $150 / Hr for any travel over 1 hour.
I usually incorporate minor travel expenses into my hourly rate.
Only major expenses will be added like significant travel and lodging.
I'm easy to work with in these matters.
Available Upon Request