Dr. Lofgreen specializes in jail and prison litigation, criminal sentence mitigation, and alternative sentence plans.
He conducts case analysis and produces reports, and testifies in topical areas that include: death in custody, use of force, proper procedures for booking, searches, inmate work supervision, inmate assault, staff assault on inmates, adequate medical care.
He has over 30 years of experience and education in the fields of Corrections and Human and Community Development. His expertise is in jail and prison policy and procedures related to the standard of care for inmates by local, State and Federal correctional agencies.
He has authored papers and articles in the field and served as Commander of US Army Military Police Guard Company, Institutional Counselor, Program Manager, Corrections Planning and Policy Analyst, Institutional Superintendent, and University faculty and research administrator.
Dr. Lofgreen has worked for law firms and agencies from Maine to California and Minnesota to Texas. He maintains a winter home in Texas and a summer home in Michigan. He can be contacted at his winter address in Texas.
- Class Actions
- Jail Suicide
- Jails & Prisons
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: • Ph.D. Human and Community Resources, Interdisciplinary studies in Education and Sociology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
• M. A. Adult and Continuing Education University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
• B.G.S., Major: English. Minor: Political Science and Speech University of Nebraska Omaha, Omaha, Nebraska
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences
American Corrections Association
American Bar Association Associate Member
National Alliance of Sentencing Advocates and Mitigation Specialists of the NLADA
Forensic Expert Witness Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: University teaching:
Topics: Criminal Justice, Corrections, University of Nebraska Keareny, Stephen F. Austin State University,Western Illinois University,
Law Enforcement Admininstration, Corrections, Statistics, Research Methods, Western Illinois Uinversity
Research Methods Correctional Settings, Institutional Review Board, National Opinion Research Center, University of Chicago
Research Methods, Ph.D. Dissertataion Supervision, Walden University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 30
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Issues related to jail or prison operations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 75%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 25%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 24, 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Approximately 12
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Approximatly 12
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 26
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Document review, data analysis, case analysis, report writing, testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 225.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 225.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 280.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 280.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $900 per day billed on a 1/2 day basis
Travel Expenses are charges as follows:
Air Travel: Actual cost coach airfare and ground transportation
POV Travel: $0.58 per mile plus drive time (IRS Business Rate)
Lodging: Actual Room charge
Meals: $75.00 per day for overnight travel per Diem
Clerical and Research expenses
Actual research services and data searches, typing, copying, printing and mailing.
The client firm will approve any research services costing more than $150.00 before the service request is initiated.
Jean Pendleton, Esq.
Pendleton & Herbold LLP
6750 Westown Pkwy, suite 220
West De Moines, IA 50266
John Schrock. Esq.
Sabuco, Beck, Hansen & Shrock, P.C.
77 129th Infantry Drive
Joliet, IL 60435
Edward Santiago Esq.
Jauregui & Associates PC
120 W Madison St Ste 400
Chicago, IL 60602
Joseph Baldacci Law Office
6 State St., Ste 605
Bangor, ME 04402