Vera Juris is a national medical-legal consulting firm that provides nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants to medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys. We help both plaintiff and defense lawyers develop an informed understanding of the facts of healthcare delivery in medical cases and the resulting outcomes. Our team represents nearly every medical specialty, and provides a complete array of medical-legal services related to medical record analysis and case reviews.
Unlike most solo medical-legal practices, the Vera Juris team includes seasoned nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants with clinical experience in every medical specialty so that we can provide efficient expertise on every case. Vera Juris delivers compelling value to attorneys involved in medically-related litigation by:
• Helping you develop the strongest case and best result for your clients
• Providing a clear understanding of the facts in medical cases
• Realizing a more economical use of your resources
• Leverage the experience of an appropriate specialist
A nurse expert witness is a licensed, registered nurse who is knowledgeable on the relevant standards of care for the nursing profession. The nurse expert performs a critical analysis of the medical records for a case and arrives at an opinion on whether or not the standard of care for nursing was breached. This expert may be called upon to provide testimony regarding any deviation from the standard.
Vera Juris provides attorneys with a nationwide network of nurse expert witnesses from every medical specialty. We can discuss your case at no cost to you to help you identify the appropriate nursing expert for your case.
Our Nurse Experts:
• Have superior credentials for giving credible analysis & testimony
• Are available nationwide
• Provide expertise in all medical specialties
• Define applicable standards of care for nurses
• Review medical records, depositions, evidence and applicable literature
• Objectively evaluate whether or not nursing care was rendered within acceptable standards of care
• Educate attorneys regarding medical facts and issues relating to a case or claim
• Prepare written reports on opinions regarding standard of care
• Provide testimony at trials, depositions, arbitrations, mediations and hearings
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Our nursing experts provide the following services:
• Define applicable standards of care for nurses.
• Review medical records, depositions, evidence and applicable literature.
• Objectively evaluate whether or not nursing care was rendered within acceptable standards of care.
• Educate attorneys regarding medical facts and issues relating to a case or claim.
• Prepare written reports on opinions regarding standard of care.
• Provide testimony at trials, depositions, arbitrations, mediations and hearings.
References upon request.