Forensic Obstetrics and Gynecology
Diplomat American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Scientists
Areas of Trial Experience and Expertise:
• Sexual Abuse including rape, both Criminal and Civil including post conviction matters
• Trauma in pregnancy including injuries from accident or abuse
• Trauma or abuse induced gynecologic injuries
• Former Chief of Staff & Chief of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Encino Tarzana Regional Medical Center.
• Appointed to the approved panel of experts by the Criminal Division of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
• Consultant to the Sexual Assault Domain of the California Forensic Medical Training Center in Sacramento, CA.
Degrees/Licenses: MD, FACOG, Board Certified Obstetrics & Gynecology. Licensed in California and Arizona.
65344 E. Rocky Mesa Drive
Tucson, AZ 85739
Toll Free: 888-825-8551
Cell 818 448 5378
- Child Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Sexual Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed M.D. Arizona and California
Board Certified American Board Of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fellow American Academy of Forensic Scientists
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Life Fellow of the Los Angeles Obstetrics and Gynecology Society
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
American Academy of Forensic Science
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Invited Lecturer "Medical Evaluation of Sexual Molestation" 5th Annual Public Defenders Retreat in Los Vegas April 1-3,2005 CLE accreditied
Invited Lecturer "Medical Evaluation of Sexual Molestation" April 26th, 2005 Criminal Law Section of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association
Invited lecturer Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Annual Meeting December 2005. Dallas, Texas CLE accredited
Invited lecturer Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Training program Eisenhower Medical
Center January 2008
Invited lecturer "Medical of Sexual Molestation" Annual Arizona Public Defender Association Conference. Phoenix,Az June 2008,2011 & 2012 CLE accretated
Invited lecturer UCLA School of Medicine Forensic Psychiatry Fellows Program
Invited Lecturer “Pictures from the Dark Side—Inaccurate and/or Biased Sexual Assault Examination Reports from a Defense Expert’s Prospective.” American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Meeting, February 2011
Article Sexual assault in prepubertal girls: "Its normal to be normal: of is it?
Evidence of vaginal penetration in prepubertal girls.
Medicine Science and the Law 2012:1-5. DOI: 10.1258/msl.2012.012015
Article "A New Model for Managed Care"
Managed Care Magazine November 1998
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over five hundred from 25 states, Canada and Sweden
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Rape and sexual abuse both civil and criminal
trauma in pregnancy from accident and abuse
evaluation of gynecologic issues re:trauma
Post conviction hearings
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 80 Trials in 15 States and Canada
Trials in Hawaii, California,Oregon,Arizona,New Mexico,Texas,Colorado, Oklahoma,Montana,Vermont,Georgia,Florida,Illinois, Maryland, Iowa and Vancouver British Columbia
Approved Panel Of Experts Criminal Division of the Los Angeles Superior Court
Listing Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office “mitigation and expert witness database” under sexual assault/abuse
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting
chart including photo review
deposition and trial
Stephen B. Mercer Esq.
Chief Attorney Forensics Division
Office of the Public Defender
Litigation Support Division
6 Saint Paul Street. Suite 1400
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
410 767 8460 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfonso O. Lopez
Deputy Alternate Defender
Law Office of the Alternate Defender
701 Miller Street
San Jose, CA 95110
David R. Paoli Esq.
257 W. Front St.
P.O. Box 8131
Missoula, Montana 59802
406 542 3330
406 544 3330 cell
Letters of recommendation available upon request.