Dr. Dupee is a triple board certified forensic psychiatrist. She trained at Cedar-Sinai, Los Angeles (psychiatry), the University of California, San Diego (child and adolescent psychiatry) and New York University (forensic psychiatry). She has completed thousands of work-related disability IME cases and specializes in PTSD of veterans and civilians, and PTSD in civil cases involving sexual harassment and personal injury. She is an expert in child custody, child abuse, and criminal evaluations. She authored two chapters on child abuse and the child as a witness in the seminal forensic psychiatry textbook, Principals & Practices of Forensic Psychiatry, 3rd Edition. She is a member of four highly selected panels of the Los Angeles Superior Courts - the dependency (child abuse), criminal, juvenile delinquency, and child custody evaluators panels. She also has extensive testifying experience in many courts including civil litigation, family law, criminal, dependency, administrative law hearings. She has been retained as an expert in multiple sexual abuse cases for over 10 school districts in California. she is an expert medical reviewer for the Medical Board of California. She has been retained by the Veterinary & Dental Boards of California. She has conducted hundreds of fitness for duty evaluations.
- Child Custody
- Child Psychiatry
- Child Psychology
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychology
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Medical Board of California license
Board Certified Psychiatrist - American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Board Certified Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist - American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Board Certified Forensic Psychiatrist - American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Expert Medical Reviewer - Medical Board of California
Assistant Clinical Professor - University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member:
American Medical Association
American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law (AAPL)
Association of Family & Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Assistant Clinical Professor - UCLA
Presenter - Santa Monica Bar Association
Presenter - San Fernando Bar Association
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >500
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Civil - wrongful termination, sexual harassment, personal injury, sexual assault, childhood sexual abuse, child abuse, emotional damages
Criminal - not guilty by reason of insanity (NGRI), competency to stand trial, psychiatric mitigation
Family - child custody, solution focused evaluation, psychiatric evaluation
Dependency - child abuse, psychiatric evaluation of parents and children in the Department of Children & Family Services system
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Civil - 25-30% (I don't work on a lien/contigency)
Family - court ordered
Criminal - court ordered
Dependency - court ordered
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Civil - 70-75%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 200
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have never been disqualified as an expert
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: over 250
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: since 2001
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections, collateral investigation, consultation for legal preparation of case
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $650 an hour with a four hour minimum.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
References upon request.