Ms. Arragg is a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant with over 30 years of nursing experience. Since 1985, she has held a wide variety of nursing positions within various healthcare institutions. Her nursing background includes medical-surgical nursing, managed care family practice, infection control and long term care.
Working in skilled nursing facilities as a Director of Nursing, Ms. Arragg identified a lack of empowerment of long-term care nurses which had an adverse affect on patient care. In an effort to educate and empower her nursing colleagues, Ms. Arragg sought and obtained a National Certification as a Director of Nursing Administration in Long Term care as well as a National Certification as a Legal Nurse Consultant through the Vickie-Milazzo Institute, Inc.
In 2001, Ms. Arragg founded SEA & Associates Medical Legal Consulting, Inc. Her firm assists attorneys, insurance companies and third party administrators in medical-malpractice,personal injury, drug and medical device, nursing home litigation, elder abuse and wrongful death cases. The firm also provides expert opinion and consultation services not only to these organizations but to skilled nursing facilities and staff.
- Health Care Litigation
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Long Term Care
- Medical Devices
- Nursing Homes
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Nurse - California License no 390084
Bachelors of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
Certified Director of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care (CDONA/LTC)
Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (CLNC)
California Board of Registered Nursing Continuing Education Provider
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Associate Member of the California Association of Healthcare Facilities
National Association Directors of Nursing Administration/ Long Term Care
National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Lectures:
Nursing Documentation: Defensive Strategies
Nursing Documentation: Areas of Liability
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Long Term Care Nursing Care Standards
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 6
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 21
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: We are a large medical legal consulting firm that offers over 30 consulting services to the legal community. We specialize in litigation support and trial preparation.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $200.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300.00 per hour
A two hour cancellation fee will be charged for depositions cancelled with less than 48 hour notice.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses including time, lodging and transportation,copy expenses, mail and postage fees will be charged.
References are available upon request.