Steven J. Kitnick is a Nevada real estate expert witness in most aspects of Nevada real estate, including but not limited to, standards of care, industry standards, duties owed by a Nevada real estate licensee, fiduciary duty issues, broker responsibilities, seller and agent failure to disclosure issues. Specialty areas include Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Code Chapters 645 & 113, and portions of 116, 118 & 40. Steven is also a Nevada real estate education provider, author, and instructor, as well as a consultant to attorneys, real estate brokers & agents.
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Residential Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Foreclosure Alternatives Consultant (CFAC)
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Risk Reduction Graduate (RRG)
Graduate REALTORS® Institute (GRI)
Nevada Real Estate Broker/Salesman License # BS.45424
California Real Estate Broker BRE # 00921974
Nevada Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #1622604 (Inactive)
California State University, Northridge
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with Cum Laude Honors - 1979 Dean’s List 1976-1979
Most Outstanding Male Graduate Award – 1979
President’s Club Outstanding Student Award – Honorable Mention 1979
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges 1980
National Mortgage Licensing System Pre-Licensing
The People’s Law School – Certificate of Completion, Sponsored by Nevada Foundation for Consumer Education
& Nevada Justice Association
Nevada Mortgage Lending Division/ Covered Service Provider Pre-Licensing
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Las Vegas REALTORS® (LVR)
Nevada REALTORS® (NVR)
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
Real Estate Educators Association (REEA)
Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Presented over 2,800 live classroom Nevada real estate continuing education courses representing over 8,400 classroom hours.
General topics areas: agency, contracts, ethics, law & legislation, and broker management. Other specific topics include: earnest money deposit disputes, fixtures & personal property disputes, buyer agency, preliminary title reports, Nevada real estate commission hearings, Nevada real estate division complaints, fiduciary duties, Nevada law on disclosures, Nevada real estate brokerage, procuring cause, short sale process, alternatives to foreclosure, trust fund accounting & record keeping for Nevada brokers, and mortgage financing.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Breach of duties, law on disclosures, reasonable skill and care, standards of practice, confidentiality, seller's obligation to disclose material defects - law and regulations pertaining to Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Codes Chapters 645, 113, 118A,
& NRS 40.770.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 47%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 53%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once. Every other case settled prior to my having to be deposed.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 15th, 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have not had the opportunity to give expert witness testimony at trial.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have not had the opportunity to testify in court or before an arbitrator. Every case has settled prior to my having to testify.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3 1/2 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Case review, consulting, expert opinion reports, expert opinion rebuttal reports, and expert witness testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $450 (2-hr. minimum)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550 (2-hr. minimum)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: • Travel Time $60/hr. not to exceed 8 hrs./day (no charge if in Clark County, NV)
• Stand-by Time $60/hr. not to exceed 8 hrs./day
• Auto Use no charge if in Clark County, NV otherwise $1.00/mile
• Travel Expenses Billed at actual cost
Christopher Carson, Esq.
112 Water St. #104
Henderson, NV 89015
Jonathan K. Wong, Esq.
9900 Covington Cross Dr., #120
Las Vegas, NV 89144
Matthew T. Kneeland, Esq.
1731 Village Center Cirlce
Las Vegas, NV 89134
Scott Marquis, Esq.
Marquis Aurbach Coffing
10001 Park Run Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89145