Steven J. Kitnick is a Nevada real estate education provider, author, and instructor as well as a consultant to real estate attorneys, real estate brokers & agents. He is also an expert witness in most aspects of Nevada residential real estate including standards of care, standards of practice, best practices, industry standards, custom and practice for real estate transactions, fiduciary duty issues, seller or agent failure to disclose. Specific areas of Nevada laws and regulations include NRS & NAC Chapters 645, 113, portions of 116 and 40.
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Residential Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Foreclosure Alternatives Consultant (CFAC)
Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Risk Reduction Graduate (RRG)
Graduate REALTORS® Institute (GRI)
Nevada Real Estate Broker/Salesman License # BS.45424
California Real Estate Broker BRE # 00921974
Nevada Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS #1622604
California State University, Northridge
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with Cum Laude Honors - 1979 Dean’s List 1976-1979
Most Outstanding Male Graduate Award – 1979
President’s Club Outstanding Student Award – Honorable Mention 1979
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges 1980
National Mortgage Licensing System Pre-Licensing
The People’s Law School – Certificate of Completion, Sponsored by Nevada Foundation for Consumer Education
& Nevada Justice Association
Nevada Mortgage Lending Division/ Covered Service Provider Pre-Licensing
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Las Vegas REALTORS® (LVR)
Nevada REALTORS® (NVR)
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)
Real Estate Educator’s Association (REEA)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Presented over 2,400 live classroom Nevada real estate continuing education courses representing over 7,200 classroom hours.
General topics areas: agency, contracts, ethics, law & legislation, and broker management. Other specific topics include: earnest money deposit disputes, fixtures & personal property disputes, buyer agency, preliminary title reports, Nevada real estate commission hearings, Nevada real estate division complaints, fiduciary duties, Nevada law on disclosures, Nevada real estate brokerage, procuring cause, short sale process, alternatives to foreclosure, trust fund accounting & record keeping for Nevada brokers, and mortgage financing.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: breach of duties, law on disclosures, reasonable care & diligence, standards of practice, confidentiality, seller's obligation to disclose material defects - law and regulations pertaining to Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Codes 645, 113, & portions of NRS 40.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 30%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 70&
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I have not had the opportunity to be deposed. Every case has settled prior to my having to be deposed.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: N/A
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: N/A
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have not had the opportunity to testify in court or before an arbitrator. Every case has settled prior to my having to testify.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 2 1/2 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: case review, consulting, written expert opinion reports, expert witness testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350 (2-hr. minimum)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $450 (2-hr. minimum)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: • Travel Time $60/hr. not to exceed 8 hrs./day (no charge if in Clark County, NV)
• Stand-by Time $60/hr. not to exceed 8 hrs./day
• Auto Use no charge if in Clark County, NV otherwise $0.58/mile
• Travel Expenses Billed at actual cost
Peter E. Dunkley, Esq.
9900 Covington Cross Dr., #120
Las Vegas, NV 89144
Christopher Carson, Esq.
112 S. Water St., Suite 104
Henderson, NV 89015
Marc S. Cwik, Esq.
6385 S. Rainbow Blvd., #600
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Scott Marquis, Esq.
Marquis Aurbach Coffing
10001 Park Run Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89145