Dr. Kamajian has worked as a geriatrician, family physician, medical director, and hospice physician in Southern California since 1985. He is a past president and current board member of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians - California (ACOFPCA), which is the state chapter of the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP). Dr. Kamajian is a specialty peer reviewer in geriatrics, long-term care, and family medicine for ACOFPCA’s journal, Osteopathic Family Physician, which has a bi-monthly monthly print circulation of over 9,000. He attends to patients at several local skilled nursing facilities and multiple assisted living facilities. Dr. Kamajian is the former Chief of Staff at Glendale Adventist Medical Center and currently is the Medical Director and President of Westminster Free Community Health Center. In addition to his Board Certification in Family Medicine, he is a Certified Medical Director (CMD) for nursing homes under the auspices of the American Board of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (ABPLM). Dr. Kamajian is a Top 10 Finalist for the 2009 J.H. Kanter Award, the American Osteopathic Foundation’s 2009 Physician of the Year, the 2010 AstraZeneca recipient of the Spirit of Humanity award, and Adventist Health’s 2011 Physician of the Year.
He is a published author with 17 published articles, ranging on topics from Utilizing Medical Homes to Manage Chronic Conditions to Patient-Centered Medical Homes with the Osteopathic Profession’s Support: Transformational, Evolutionary, and Possible. He was the keynote speaker of the Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California 2017 Fall Convention, along with being a featured speaker at OMED (American Osteopathic Association’s national convention) and at The Estes Park Institute.
Dr. Kamajian has served as an expert consultant and witness to over ten law firms, insurance carriers, and quality assurance organizations in four+ states, in over 20 cases since 1998.
- Family Practice/Family Medicine
- Life Care Planning
- Long Term Care
- Managed Care & HMOs
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Palliative Care
- Personal Injury
- Undue Influence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Doctor of Osteopathy, Bachelor of Science, Certified Medical Director, Fellow Institute of Leadership in Medicine, American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice, Fellow American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, Physicians and Surgeon’s Certificate, California. Full CV available online.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians: Editorial Committee and Practice Management Subcommittee on Patient-Centered Medical Home
American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians of California: Board Member at Large
American Medical Directors Association
Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California: Vice Chair of Continuing Medical Education; State of California Legislative Committee; State of California Medicare Committee; State of California Managed Care Committee
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Western University Associate Professor, Family Medicine
Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California Fall Convention Keynote Speaker. September 2017. The Power of Empathy.
ACOFPCA’42. August 2017. Disruptive Innovation in Primary Care.
Estes Park Institute. January 2016 and February 2017. Communities That Health Themselves and Each Other.
ACOFPCA'41. August 2016. Health Care Disparities. Five Key Questions and Answers.
TOURO. April 2016. The Empathy Project: Empathetic Engagement in Patient Care.
Missouri American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. February 2014. Leadership in Healthcare.
Physician Leadership Institute. October 2013. A Bold New Path in Delivery Health Care.
Armenian Medical World Congress. July 2013. Healthcare is About Service, Caring, and a Calling.
Adventist Think Tank. April 2013. Charting a Course: Disruptive Innovation in Fundraising.
OMED. 2012. The Spectrum of Consequences of a Disruptive Osteopathic Physician.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 20
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Nursing home, primary care, geriatrics
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 100%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 0%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 40
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Records Review, Case Evaluation, Report Preparation, Affidavits/Declarations, Consultation, IMEs, Site Visits, Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 1600 to appear up to 2 hours, 800 hourly thereafter
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 3500/half-day, 6000/day
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Variable but reasonable. Local/regional travel $200/hr. $2000 for a second day off work in the case of distant travel.
Plaintiffs references available by geographic region upon request.