Dr. Steve Yun is a board-certified anesthesiologist with over 16 years of experience reviewing medical malpractice cases. His mission is to provide an accurate, comprehensive, prompt, and efficient review of the issues so that his clients can make an informed decision about their case.
He has an active, full-time private practice based out of Orange County, CA. He is a Surveyor for the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Faciligies and an Anesthesia Examiner for the Dental Board of California. Areas of expertise include dental anesthesia and office/outpatient anesthesia.
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.D. University of Southern California. Post-graduate training Anesthesiology Residency at UCLA Medical Center.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Anesthesiology, California Society of Anesthesiology, California Society of Dental Anesthesiology.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Professor, Western University School of Medicine.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Hundreds.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Anesthesiology, Dental Anesthesiology, Outpatient Anesthesiology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 25 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 6 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 6 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 16 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting and Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $6000 per day
References upon request.