Stephen George MBA-HA is CEO of Provider Risk - an internationally organized brokerage, and Consultant specializing in insurance & reinsurance. Mr. George is an actively writing full time Broker-Consultant writing both personal and commercial lines, with extensive experience in self funded insurance programs in Life & Health, and Property Casualty Program Design and Placement, forensic auditing, underwriting, actuarial assessments, third party administration, General Liability, Stop Loss, E&O, IUL, guaranteed interest retirement contracts, HMO re, Provider Excess Loss, Self Funded medical plans, ERISA. medical claims auditing, Pharmacy Benefits, Worker Compensation, and Fronted & Reinsured assignments. Mr. George is a Federal Court qualified expert witness, and certified by: AMA for CME teaching, and federal Marketplace access/enrollment. Provider Risk works with: employers, insurers, agents, brokers, Boards, fund managers, law firms, and individuals. Mr. George has: published 40+ articles, spoken at 40+ events nationally, Chaired 3 reinsurance conferences, and served as expert witness/consultant 39+ times without challenge.
Areas of Expertise
- Auto Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Business Valuation
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Hospital Administration
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA University of Miami, Miami FL
HA certification in Health Administration from UM
214 Life and Health License
220 Property Casualty License
25 years OJT
Able to place Cover holder programs with Lloyds - Directly
Appointed/Accessing MANY reinsurers and insurers.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: See CV
www.providerrisk.com click on Consultants for my current CV
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 40 Presentations at leading national conferences and including UM and NOVA Universities.
Published 40 articles in many well known periodicles and publications. Have Chaired three reinsurance conferences.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 39
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: ERISA, Self funded plans (Medical GL, and Comp),Treaty reinsurance, aggregate provider excess loss, Broker/Carrier/TPA practices and standards, claims auditing/re-pricing to reasonable and customary, international pricing of medical claims, retroactive policy recission, bad faith, breach of contract, coverage conflicts and interpretation, disclosure, fiduciary standards Life, health, Property and casualty, managed care contract interpretation, international medical plan userpation by domestic broker MGU and supporting carrier, life insurance claim denial, terminal liability interpretation and disclosure. I am also qualified to opine on liability (med mal, E&O, D&O, GL) and property - both commercial and homeowners. Opined 39 times without challenge inclusive of multiple Federal Court assignments.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I am guessing about 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I think 7
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 39, and about 5-6 n Federal Court. I have testified in Federal Court.
Have helped settle about 35 of 37 cases without trial.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: none
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 8 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Agent/Broker/Consulting/carrier standards/reinsurer standards/Third party standards, ACA expert, Group benefits, annuity & and targeted retirement contracts with guaranteed interest crediting, etc
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300-$500/hr depending on the case.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300 - $500 depending on the type of insurance/stop loss/reinsurance and coverage offering.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300 - $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 10 hour retainer . Travel is 1/2 rate. Typically do not charge for miscellaneous expenses.
Several references are available upon request.