Stephen George MBA-HA is CEO of Provider Risk. LLC - is an internationally organized brokerage, and consulting company writing insurance & reinsurance. Mr. George is an active Broker-Consultant writing/commissioning in both personal and commercial lines, with specialization in self funded (ERISA) plans. His experience includes: 48 opinions without challenge, federal court qualification, 25 years in business, teaching, 40+ published articles. Mr. George directly works in self funded and fully insured programs and assignments inclusive of: complex litigation, General Liability, Workers Compensation, life, health, property & casualty, medical claims auditing, underwriting, Level Funded plans, actuarial assessments, third party administration, employer stop loss, excess of loss, E&O, HMO Re, Provider Excess Loss, and fronted & reinsured assignments. Mr. George has testified in Federal Court, and is certified by the American Medical Association for CME teaching. He is federal Marketplace certified. Provider Risk works with: employers, insurers, agents, brokers, advisory boards, fund managers, law firms, and individuals. Mr. George has chaired three reinsurance conferences. He is licensed and insured as an actively appointed and writing agent. See: www.providerrisk.com
- Auto Insurance
- Bad Faith
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Hospital Administration
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA-HA University of Miami, Miami FL
Certification in Health Administration
214 Life and Health License
220 Property Casualty License
25 years OJT
Able to place Cover Holder programs with Lloyds - Directly
Appointed/Accessing MANY reinsurers and insurers.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: See: CV
www.providerrisk.com Click > Consultants for my current CV
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: See: CV
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 48+ (Not including actual policies acting as agent, Broker, or Broker-Consultant.)
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: ERISA, Self funded plans (Medical, Health, Scheduled Medical, GL, Comp),Treaty reinsurance, aggregate provider excess loss, Broker/Carrier/TPA practices and standards, Life insurance, homeowners insurance, General liability, E&O defending both carriers and agents, medical claims auditing/re-pricing to reasonable and customary, international pricing of medical claims, retroactive policy rescission, bad faith, breach of contract, coverage conflicts and interpretation, disclosure, fiduciary standards, major medical, limited medical, property and casualty, managed care contract interpretation, international medical plan usurpation by domestic broker MGU and supporting carrier, life insurance claim denial, and terminal liability interpretation and disclosure. I am also qualified to opine on liability (med mal, E&O, D&O) and property - both commercial and homeowners. Opined 48 times without challenge inclusive of multiple Federal Court assignments. See: CV
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I am guessing about 50%. I don't keep track that way. I review the facts, and that defines a supported opinion.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I think 8-9
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 39, and about 5-6 n Federal Court. I have testified in Federal Court.
Have helped settle about 45 of about 48 cases without trial.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None as an expert witness. I have been directly in a personal case where I was the PR and successfully settled the case, and another where the case had not yet been filed, and is still ongoing but unlikely to be revived.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: L&H and P&C Commercial and Personal Lines: Actively writing/commissioning, E&O insured Agent/Broker/Consulting/carrier standards/reinsurer standards/Third party standards, ACA expert, Group benefits, annuity & and targeted retirement contracts with "contractually assigned" and guaranteed interest crediting, etc
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $400-$600/hr depending on the case. Typically, $350 hour with 10 hour retainer.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $400 - $600 depending on the type of insurance/stop loss/reinsurance and coverage offering.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350 (depends on if I have to fly back home all night, and exhausted the next day). Be very clear that after 48 cases, I have developed a method of explaining complex issues an "average" juror can understand. I am very comfortable presenting supported opinions in public, and have survived 7 hour depositions directed by Harvard trained lawyers, and where the attorneys who had retained me chose not to object once. I learned a lot on that one!
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 10 hour retainer . Travel is 1/2 rate. Typically do not charge for miscellaneous expenses.
Several references are available upon request.