Stephen George MBA-HA is CEO of Provider Risk - an internationally organized brokerage, and Consultant specializing in: Self-funded Life & Health, Reinsurance, Property Casualty Program Design and Placement, General Liability, Stop Loss, E&O, IUL, HMO Reinsurance, Provider Excess Loss, Self Funded medical plans, ERISA. Medical Claims Auditing, Pharmacy Benefits, Worker Compensation, General Liability, Property, Reinsurance, and Fronted & Reinsured assignments. Mr. George is a Federal Court qualified expert witness, and certified by: AMA for CME teaching, and federal Marketplace access/enrollment. Provider Risk works with: employers, insurers, agents, brokers, Boards, fund managers, law firms, and individuals. Mr. George has: published 40+ articles, spoken at 40+ events nationally, Chaired 3 reinsurance conferences, and served as expert witness/consultant 39+ times without challenge. Mr. George actively writes and currently manages both personal and business insurance products and clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Actuary - Actuarial
- Bad Faith
- Business Valuation
- Business/Employment Insurance
- Health/Medical/Disability Insurance
- Homeowner's Insurance
- Hospital Administration
- Insurance Adjuster
- Insurance Agency
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Insurance Customs & Practices
- Insurance Excess & Surplus Lines
- Insurance Fraud
- Liability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Property & Casualty Insurance
- Risk Management
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA University of Miami, Miami FL
HA certificatio in Health Administration from UM
214 Life and Health License
220 Property Casualty License
20 years OJT
Able to place COver holder programs with Lloyds - Directly
Appointed by many reinsurers and insurers.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: See CV
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 40 Presentations at leading national conferences and including UM and NOVA Universities.
Published 40 articles in many well known periodicles and publications
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 18
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Treaty reinsurance, aggregate provider excess loss, self funded, broker fedutiary, claims repricing to reasonable and customary (i.e. hospital price gouging), international pricing of medical claims, retroactive policy recission, bad faith, breach of contract, disclosure, third party standards and procedures/fidutiary, managed care contract interpretation, coverage conflicts, international medical plan userpation by domestic broker MGU and supporting carrier, life insurance claim denial, terminal liability interpretation and disclosure. I am also qualified to opine on liability (med mal, E&O, D&O, GL) and property - both commercial and homeowners.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: I am guessing about 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: about 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: I think 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: a year or two ago
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: once in CA federal court
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: none
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 7 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: ALl the above but no testing.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300-$500/hr depending on the case.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $300
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: 10 hour retainer unless its simple claims repricing consulting or research to load our side for Bear.
Several references are available upon request.