Dr. Sendhil Krishnan has provided expert witness and IME services for over 10 years and is experienced in everything from case review, depositions, to court testimony in over a 25 cases. He is a well-regarded interventional and general cardiologist with over 15 years of clinical practice and has held numerous leadership positions, speaking arrangements, and publications in the field of cardiovascular diseases. His expertise extends from interventional cases (catherization, angioplasty, stents...etc) to peripheral endovascular interventions, and all aspects of the latest pacemaker and minimally invasive surgical technologies - including structural valve (TAVR).
Dr. Krishnan is committed to delivering unbiased, timely reports based on evidence based medicine and integrity. His preparation, meticulous attention to detail, and anticipation of opposing counsel's arguments allows him to be well prepared and composed during depositions or trial.
Areas of Expertise
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Independent Medical Examinations (I.M.E.)
- Medical Malpractice
- Nuclear Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board certified adult cardiovascular diseases, board-certified interventional cardiology.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Member of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CME medical speaker and various topics related to both general and interventional cardiology. National speaker for Zoll Company.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an expert witness over for over two dozen cases over the last 10 years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have predominately been involved in cases involving cardiac conditions with overlap in both cardiothoracic surgery, and internal medicine.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 8
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Feb 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 6
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, independent medical examinations, medical reports, depositions, and court testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses billed at $.58 per mile.
Available Upon Request
Law firms Dr Krishnan has been retained by include: The Law Offices of Eliot Kanter (San Diego), Forensis Group, Hertz Schram P.C., Wilkes & McHugh, Law Office of Steve Pornbida, as well as family of Kendrick
“Dr. Sendhil Krishnan is wonderful to work with! He provided our lab with a fantastic Expert Opinion Letter during our CMS Medical Review and Education process. The letter was extremely well written, yet easy to understand, AND he was more than happy to accommodate our needs in a very short timeframe. Furthermore, Dr. Krishnan is also a pleasure to communicate with. He is both friendly and responsive. I highly recommend his services.”
–John Rowland, Selecta Labs