Dr. Sendhil Krishnan has provided expert witness and IME services for over 10 years and is experienced in everything from case review, depositions, and even court testimony totaling over 75-100 cases. He is a well-regarded interventional and general cardiologist with over 15 years of clinical practice and has held numerous leadership positions, speaking arrangements, and publications in the field of cardiovascular diseases. His expertise extends from interventional cases (catherization, angioplasty, stents...etc) to peripheral endovascular interventions, and all aspects of the latest pacemaker and minimally invasive surgical technologies - including structural valve (TAVR). Dr. Krishnan can also help lawyers quickly determine the merits of a case by examining the facts for any evidence of medical negligence.
Dr. Krishnan is committed to delivering unbiased, timely reports based on evidence based medicine and integrity. His preparation, meticulous attention to detail, and anticipation of opposing counsel's arguments allows him to be well prepared and composed during depositions or trial.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Critical Care Medicine
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Medical Malpractice
- Nuclear Medicine
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board certified adult cardiovascular diseases, board-certified interventional cardiology.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. Member of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology as well as SCAI (Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dr. Krishnan has held numerous speaking engagements for both CME (Continuing Medical Education) as well as for cutting edge biotech medical devices. He has both a local and regional prescence and has given talks at major medical conferences including CRT.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained as an expert witness over for over several dozen cases spanning over the last 10 years. I worked on cases for both the plaintiff and the defendant. I have performed affidavit of merits, IMEs, case reviews with reports, as well as depositions. My turnaround time is usually within a matter of 7-14 days.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have predominately been involved in cases involving cardiac conditions with overlap in both cardiothoracic surgery, and internal medicine. This extends to complications from coronary angiography cases, pacemakers, CT surgery, TAVR (aortic valve surgeries) as well as peripheral vascular interventions.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50-55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 45-50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 10
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, independent medical examinations, medical reports, depositions, and court testimony, affidavit of merits.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350 (which includes reviewing cases and writing case reports.) The initial consultation to determine merit is gratis.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses billed at $.58 per mile and flight/hotel expenses billed at cost.
Available Upon Request
Law firms Dr Krishnan has been retained by include: The Law Offices of Eliot Kanter (San Diego), Forensis Group, Hertz Schram P.C., Wilkes & McHugh, Law Office of Steve Pornbida, as well as family of Kendrick
“Dr. Sendhil Krishnan is wonderful to work with! He provided our lab with a fantastic Expert Opinion Letter during our CMS Medical Review and Education process. The letter was extremely well written, yet easy to understand, AND he was more than happy to accommodate our needs in a very short timeframe. Furthermore, Dr. Krishnan is also a pleasure to communicate with. He is both friendly and responsive. I highly recommend his services.”
–John Rowland, Selecta Labs