Scott Ganaja specializes in the design and manufacture of medical, bicycling, exercise and consumer products. He is experienced in matters involving products liability, intellectual property, and manufacturing.
Mr. Ganaja is a Professional Mechanical Engineer as well as a Professional Manufacturing Engineer based in California. He is named as an inventor in more than 19 patents. Ongoing product development engineering work provides for real-world engineering assessments.
PROgressiv Engineering, Inc. provides engineering support for new product development including mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, and prototyping, as well as expert witness services. PROgressiv Engineering was established in 1989.
- Consumer Products
- Design Engineering
- Failure Analysis
- Fitness Equipment
- Forensic Engineering
- Intellectual Property
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Products Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Sports & Recreation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Professional Mechanical Engineer in California
Professional Manufacturing Engineer in California
Professional Engineer in Texas
Professional Engineer in Florida
Professional Engineer in Illinois
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
ASTM International (standards organization)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 200 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Exercise machines, bicycles, medical equipment, mobility aids, consumer products. Products liability, patents, manufacturing disputes.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 50 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: More than 12 times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: More than 25 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consultation, inspection, testing, photography, design and manufacturing analysis, failure analysis, accident reconstruction, reports, testimony.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reduced hourly rate for travel. Expenses billed at cost, no mark-up.
References available upon request.