Scott Ganaja specializes in the design and manufacture of exercise, medical, bicycling, and consumer products. He is experienced in matters involving products liability, intellectual property, and manufacturing.
Mr. Ganaja is a Professional Mechanical Engineer as well as a Professional Manufacturing Engineer based in California. He is named in over 13 patents. Ongoing product development engineering work provides for real-world engineering assessments.
PROgressiv Engineering, Inc. provides engineering support for new product development including mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, and prototyping, as well as expert witness services. PROgressiv Engineering was established in 1989.
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Products
- Design Engineering
- Equipment & Machinery
- Failure Analysis
- Fitness Equipment
- Forensic Engineering
- Intellectual Property
- Latches & Fasteners
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Devices
- Products Liability
- Professional Engineering
- Sports & Recreation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Professional Mechanical Engineer
Licensed Professional Manufacturing Engineer
BS Mechanical Engineering, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: At least 130 times.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Exercise equipment, bicycles, medical devices, mobility aids, consumer products. Products liability, patents, manufacturing disputes.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: At least 27 times.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: At least 8 times.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: At least 18 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, inspections, testing, photography, reports, testimony.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Reduced rate for travel. Expenses billed at cost, no mark-up.
References available upon request.