Retired Sergeant II+1 Los Angeles Police Department Special Weapons and Tactics(SWAT). Worked numerous assignments over the past 29 years to include: SWAT, K9, Vice, Narcotics, Jail Operations, Internal Affairs, Gangs, Crisis Negotiation Team and Patrol. Conduct SWAT/Tactical training, Private Security Training, Emergency Operations Training in the United States and overseas. Retained on numerous high profile matters throughout the United States involving Police Procedures, Use of Force, Use of Lethal Force, SWAT Operations, K9, Internal Affairs/Corruption, Narcotics, Service of Search Warrants, Criminal Defense, Premise Liability and Security. Maintain an outstanding working relationship with attorneys to ensure the client receives unparalleled service. Submission of well researched and written Rule 26 Reports and Declarations in a timely manner. During my tenure with the Los Angeles Police Department, I received over 100 Commendations to include the Medal of Valor, Purple Heart and Police Star. Qualified Use of Force, Police Procedures and Security Expert in both State and Federal Court.
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Crime Foreseeability
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Crowd Control
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Drug Enforcement
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Firearms & Ballistics
- Hospital Security
- Hotel Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Jail Suicide
- Jails & Prisons
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Police Traffic Radar
- Premises Liability
- Private Investigators
- Retail Security
- School Security
- Security Guards
- Security Management
- Special Event Security
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Northeastern University (1988).
Master's Degree in Public Administration, California State University (1998).
Master's Degree Legal Studies/ADR Pepperdine Law School, (2020).
Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Supervisor, POST Certifications (1989-2016).
Jail Operations Core Course-California
Chief Security Officer (CSO).
California Licensed Private Investigator (License No. PI 29151).
Los Angeles Fire Department HAZMAT Technician.
West Point Leadership Academy.
Drug Recognition Expert (11550 Health and Safety Code).
Graduate of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)-Basic/Advanced Agent-GS 1811 (1988).
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Americans for Effective Law Enforcement (AELE).
Peace Officers Association of Los Angeles County (POALAC).
Institute for the Prevention of In-custody Deaths.
Los Angeles Police Protective League.
Public Administration Advisory Committee (CSULB).
California Peace Officers Association.
National Tactical Officers Association.
California Association of Hostage Negotiators (CAHN).
Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS).
California Licensed Private Investigators (CALI).
American Knife and Tool Institute.
Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP).
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Graduate of Dale Carnegie Public Speaking School. Certified Los Angeles Police Department Instructor (IDC/ICI) on the following subject matters from 2010-2016: SWAT Operations, K9 Operations, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Crowd Management/Control, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments (RAV), Multiple Venue/Multiple Attack, Basic Sergeant School, Crisis Negotiation, Basic Detective School, Weapons of Mass Destruction Tactical Commander Management and Planning, and Air Purifying (APR) Instruction and Fit Testing. Presently teach SWAT Operations, Tactical Commanders Course (United States State Department), Emergency Operations, Screening of Persons by Observational Techniques (SPOT), Evacuation Procedures, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Training, Active Shooter/Workplace Violence, and Fire Life Safety Training.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: N/A.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained over 750 times in the past eight years.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Use of Force, Use of Lethal Force, Vehicle Pursuits/Code-3 Operations, Police Procedures, SWAT Operations, Narcotics Investigations, Search Warrant Service, Police Employment Issues, Crisis/Hostage Negotiation, Mental Health, K9 Operations/Deployment, Project Innocence, Internal Affairs/Corruption, Premises Liability/Foreseeability/Negligence, Private Security, School Security, Domestic Violence and Criminal Defense.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80% as of 8/22/22, I have been re-hired my numerous prominent Civil Rights Attorneys and Defense Attorneys on multiple cases to include many high-profile matters that have received national media attention.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20% as of 8/22/22.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 195
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: July 29, 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 50 times. Approximately 95% of the matters where I have been retained as an expert have settled prior to court.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 54.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have been retained over 750 times in eight years and virtually all are by "word of mouth/referral" by attorneys where I provided exemplary service on all facets of the matter.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Expert Witness, Mock Trials, Risk and Vulnerability Assessments, Submission of Rule 26 Reports, Submission of Declarations, Site Inspections, Assist with video recreations, Licensed Private Investigator, teaching, and Criminal Defense.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: Initial consultation is free. My retainer fee is $4000.00.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My hourly rate to review documents is $375.00.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $475.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $475.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses will be discussed prior with the attorney and will be based on the standard government rate. All flights over two hours will be Business Class.
1. Dale Galipo, Esq. (Multiple Cases)
2. Brian Dunn.Esq. (Multiple Cases)
3. Megan Gyongyos, Esq. (Multiple Cases)
4. Garo Mardirrossian, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
5. Daniel Rodriguez, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
6. Mark Geragos, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
7. Josh Pivio-Scott, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
8. Brody McBride, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
9. Armen Akaragian, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
10. Rowena Dizon, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
11. Ben Meislas, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
12. David Gammill, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
13. Renee Valentine, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
14. Melanie Partow, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
15. Thomas Seabaugh, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
16. Rowena Dizon, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
17. Eric Valenzuela, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
18. Neil Gehlawat, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
19. Kent Henderson, Esq, (Multiple Cases).
20. Kevin Little, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
21. David Wiechert, Esq.
22. Steve Carlson, Esq.
23. James DeSimone, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
24. John Landay, Esq.
25. David Ricks, Esq.
26. Lori Rifkin, Esq.
27. Shean Williams, Esq. (Multiple Cases)
28. Allison Stone, Esq.
29. Cindy Panuco, Esq.
31. Jack Connelly, Esq. (Multiple Cases)
32. Meaghan Driscoll, Esq.
33. Barry Greenhalgh, Esq.
34. Stuart Goldfarb, Esq.
35. Ryan Casey, Esq.
36. Jorge Gonzalez, Esq. (Multiple Cases).
37. Davey Turner, Esq.
38. Adam Shea, Esq.
39. Boris Treyzvon, Esq.
40. Derek Chaiken, Esq.
41. Jason Bowles, Esq.
42. Robert Gorence, Esq.
43. Joana Fang, Esq.
44. Greg Peacock, Esq.
45. Steven Lerman, Esq.
46. Sam Daheim, Esq.
47. Micah LeBank, Esq.
48. Alene Anello, Esq.
49. Sander Dawson, Esq.
50. Katrina Yu, Esq.
51. Robert Hamparyan, Esq.
52. Ashley Kaplan, Esq.
53. Tiffany Chung, Esq.
54. Chantal Trujillo, Esq.
55. Joseph Barett, Esq.
56. Ben Tryk, Esq.
57. Jaime Lleanos, Esq.
58. Nikki Medrinos, Esq.
59. Derek Engle, Esq.
60. Sam Starks, Esq.
61. Ed Piasta, Esq.
62. Bryan Garcia, Esq.
63. Joel Robbins, Esq.
64. Jesse Showalter, Esq.
65. Michael Carrillo, Esq.
66. Vince Colella, Esq.
67. Benjamin Crump, Esq.
68. Tony Romanucci, Esq.
69. John Burris, Esq.
70. Dean Malone, Esq.
71. Mark Merin, Esq.
72. Kent Henderson, Esq.
73. Humberto Guizar, Esq.
74. Angel Carrasco, Esq.
75. Kyle Scott, Esq.
76. Jesus Arias, Esq.
77. Dan Stormer, Esq.
78. Dan Ambrose, Esq.
79. Liliana Bulgucheva, Esq.
80. Jacqueline Frederick, Esq.
81. Fred Sayre, Esq.
82. Maureen Hanlon, Esq.
83. Thomas Vandenburg, Esq.
84. Pat McGruder, Esq.
85. Peter Goldstein, Esq.
86. Shannon Kennedy, Esq.
87. Flint Taylor, Esq.
88. Ben Elson, Esq.
89. Kevin Conlogue, Esq.
90. Cassandra Shyrock, AAG.
91. Andrew Stroth, Esq.
92. Ryan Atkinson, Esq.
93. John Crowley, Esq.
94. Matt Kahn, Esq.
95. Jeb Butler, Esq.
96. Bijan Darvish, Esq.
97. Case Barnett, Esq.
98. DeWitt Lacey, Esq.
99. Robert Henkels, AAG.
100. Marcelis Morris, Esq.
101. Hillary Carls, Esq.
102. Maria Gomez, Esq.
103. Ben Cloward, Esq.
104. Dan Modarski, Esq.
105. John Camillus, Esq.
106. Elizabeth Mazur, Esq.
107. Haytham Faraj, Esq.
108. Howard Friedman, Esq.
109. Bart Goplerud, Esq.
110. Josh Dowling, Esq.
111. Gary Dordick, Esq.
112. Austin Dove, Esq.
113. Matt Mylinski, Esq.
114. Alison Leif, Esq.
115. Eric Dubin, Esq.
116. Mark Fleming, Esq.
117. Tim Scott, Esq.