I am a pediatrician with a subspecialty board certification in pediatric critical care. I have practiced pediatric critical care in a tertiary care children's hospital for the last twenty five years and have qualified as an expert witness many times during that time period in several states. In the last ten years I have worked in a locums role as a Pediatric Intensivist in a wide variety of hospital venues (large and small) and in a variety of states. The primary PICU I have worked in for the last 24 years was in a pediatric hospital licensed for 180 pediatric patients. The PICU has approximately 1750 admissions/year including congenital heart surgery patients requiring open heart surgery as well as all manner of transplant patients. The PICU provides ECMO support of cardiac patients when necessary. Our patient populations also includes; pediatric trauma patients, renal transplant patients as well as a wide variety of medical and general pediatric surgical diseases. The Pediatric ED and PICU run a very busy transport service from the approximately 1 million person catchment area surrounding our facility.
I have spent time participating in surgical missions all over the world. My locums employment has exposed me to small community PICU's where I have performed the intensivist role as well as that of consultant to the ED and floors. It has also exposed me to other large academic centers.
I have also served The Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters as the President of the Medical Staff and in that role have participated in many quality improvement projects as well as many peer review situations.
ATTORNEY CONTACT ONLY!!
Areas of Expertise
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Pediatric Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD: Medical College of Pennsylvania
Internship/residency: University of Maryland
Fellowship: The New York Hospital- Cornell-Well Medical Center
Licenses: VA, NY, MD, GA, KS, IN,CT, IL, MN
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AAP
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 10+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Pediatric Critical Care, Pediatrics
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 20+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: >20
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 27 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, chart review, test interpretation
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
Bruce Klores & Associates
1735 20th St. NW
Washington, DC 2009
Direct # 804-622-0680.
LeClair-Ryan Attorneys at Law
Mr. R. Herbert