I graduated from the Stanford University Psychiatry Residency program in 1998.
I have been board certified in Psychiatry since 2000.
I have subspecialty certification in Consultation-liaison psychiatry.
I have subspecialty certification in Addiction Psychiatry from the American Board of Addiction Medicine.
I have over 20 years experience and treating adults in the inpatient setting, outpatient setting, emergency room, jail setting and in prison settings.
I have done IME's in Adult Psychiatry across the range of diagnosis.
I have done independent medical evaluations for the Medical Board of California.
I have done independent medical evaluations for insurance companies.
I have done independent medical evaluations for the Social Security Administration.
I have done Worker's Compensation Evaluations since 2001, both claimants and respondent.
I have done IME's for the Department of Labor.
I have done second opinions.
I have extensive experience working with lawyers in coming up with trial strategy.
I have extensive experience reviewing medical, standard of care issues and medical necessity issues.
I have experience reviewing forensic processes in jail and prisons.
- Addiction Medicine
- Crime Foreseeability
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Jail Suicide
- Jails & Prisons
- Law Enforcement
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Security Management
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Board certified in Psychiatry, Board certified in Consultation/liaison Psychiatry
Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry by the American Board of Addiction Medicine.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Medical Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: English only
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 40 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Standard of care
Medical record evaluation
Suicide risk evaluations
Fitness for duty evaluations
Impaired physician evaluations
Violence risk evaluations
Reviewing records and setting strategy for possible litigation
Reviewing medical staff processes
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20+ years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Evaluation of defendants
Consulting on cases prior to litigation
Reviewing internal processes after litigation is started.
Determining standard of care.
Defending standard of care.
Suicide risk evaluations.
Post suicide autopsies.
Violence risk evaluations.
Evaluating cases prior to acceptance by lawyers.
Evaluating truthfulness of clients.
Fitness for Duty.
Available Upon Request