Mr. Frizzi’s geotechnical engineering and project management experience is extensive, with particular emphasis on: foundation design and construction in urban areas, and large-scale land and waterfront public and private development projects throughout the United States and internationally. During his over 28 years in the industry, he has consulted to private, public, insurer/surety, and attorney clients on projects located in practically every continent world–wide, and has performed geotechnical investigations and designs, prepared plans and technical specifications, and observed field testing and construction as geotechnical “engineer of record” on countless projects. Mr. Frizzi has obtained extensive field, office supervision, and project management experience including soil and rock sampling and in-situ testing; monitoring pre , during, and post-construction with state-of-the-art geotechnical instrumentation; nondestructive testing; aqueous and sub-aqueous inspections and investigations; and heavy construction which has contributed to his practical approach to geotechnical problem solving. Mr. Frizzi’s areas of expertise include: waterfront structures (wharfs, piers, levees, embankment dams, and flood protection infrastructure); brownfield site redevelopment; earthwork; tunnels; engineering shallow and deep foundation systems for super-tall structures, stadia, and arenas; soft and hard rock treatment; surcharging of organic soils and loose sand; temporary and permanent lateral support systems in deep excavations; geotechnical instrumentation and vibration monitoring; construction dewatering; and forensic investigations. In addition to his “engineer of record” experience, Mr. Frizzi has provided expert geotechnical consultation and trial testimony on over 50 excavation and foundation litigation cases throughout the United States and internationally.
- Building Codes
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Damages
- Construction Safety
- Construction Site
- Failure Analysis
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Marine Engineering
- Professional Engineering
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Stormwater Retention Pond
- Transportation Construction
- Vibration Analysis
- Water Utility
- Water/Sewage Treatment Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Education:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical)
The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Diplomate, Geotechnical Engineering of The Academy of Geo-Professionals
Registered Professional Engineer:
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington
Registered Professional Geotechnical Engineer:
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: National Bond Claims Association
Deep Foundations Institute (DFI)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Association of Drilled Shaft Contractors - Int’l. Assoc. of Foundation Drillers (ADSC/IAFD)
International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
American Concrete Institute (ACI)
American Bar Association, Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice
Tau Beta Pi
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Columbia University, New York, NY. Adjunct Professor, 2015 - Present, Pratt Institute, School of Architecture, New York, NY. Visiting Assistant Professor of Construction Management, 2006 to 2012.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 50 cases
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Forensic investigation and evaluation
Foundations for high-rise structures in urban areas
Embankment and dam stability
Large-scale land and waterfront/marine structures and development
Shallow and deep foundation systems
Soft and hard rock treatment
Temporary and permanent lateral support systems for deep excavations
Geotechnical instrumentation and vibration monitoring
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: About 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: About 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 10 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Over 20 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Forensic engineering, expert consultation, surety consulting
References upon request.