Dr. Roy Artal
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Dr. Roy Artal is a multi board-certified pulmonologist, sleep medicine specialist, and internist. He is an experienced and thorough medical-legal reviewer, with extensive case review, deposition, and report writing experience. Dr. Artal received his undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California (USC) in 1991, and his medical degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, School of Medicine (UCLA) in 1995. Following medical school Dr. Artal completed his Internal Medicine Residency training at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, and his Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship training at the Cedars-Sinai-UCLA Combined Fellowship Program. Dr. Artal is Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases, Sleep Medicine, and Internal Medicine. He is a Clinical Instructor of Medicine at the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, a member of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Women's Guild Lung Institute Center of Excellence, the Medical Director of Tower Sleep Medicine an American Academy of Sleep Medicine accredited sleep disorders center, a Fellow of both the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, and a clinical trials principle investigator. Dr. Artal has been in private practice in Southern California since 2001, specializing in pulmonary and critical care medicine, sleep medicine, internal medicine, and hospitalist medicine.
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Bachelor of Science, University of Southern California (1991), Doctor of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles (1995), Internal Medicine Residency, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles (1998), Cedars Sinai - UCLA Combined Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program, Los Angeles, California (2001), Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine (1998-Present), Pulmonary Disease (2000-Present), Critical Care Medicine (2002-2012), and Sleep Medicine (2009-Present). Second Board Certification in Sleep Medicine by the American Board of Sleep Medicine (2002-Present). California Medical License 1996 to Present.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Fellow, American Academy of Sleep Medicine (2000-Present), Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians (1998-Present).
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Extensive lecturing and didactics to the Cedars-Sinai Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship Program on assorted topics in sleep and pulmonary medicine, as well as Departmental, Grand Rounds, and community outreach presentation experience.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 40 plus.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have experience as an expert in topics across the fields of pulmonary medicine, sleep medicine, internal medicine, hospitalist medicine, and critical care medicine.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 80%.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 20%.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 12 plus.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2022.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: None prior.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have been providing medical-legal consulting services for over 20 years.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I have extensive experience in medical-legal consulting, records review, and report writing.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $650
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $650.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $8500 per day.
Available Upon Request