Ms. Franks is the President & CEO of TGE Resources, Inc. - a professional services firm specializing in environmental consulting, engineering, and industrial hygiene. She holds multiple degrees and related licensing in Geology and Biology & 30 years experience in the practical application of her trade. Ms. Franks holds a Certification in Hazardous Materials Management (CHMM), remediation credentials for petroleum storage tanks, radiation safety (RSO), state-specific licensing in asbestos and mold, and extensive experience in oil and gas clean-up & compliance.
Ms. Franks has testified under oath in trial and her testimony has been used in multiple court settings - state and federal; her opinion has never been struck. She has been deposed (opinion rendered under oath) over 25 times.
Areas of Expertise
- Above Ground Storage Tank (AST)
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: • Dual Bachelor of Science in Geology and Biology- Stephen F. Austin State University,1982
• Master of Science in Geology- Stephen F. Austin State University, 1988
• State of Texas Professional Geoscientist – (PG #875)
• Professional Geologist – Mississippi (PG #0778)
• Professional Geologist – Tennessee (#TN3213)
• Institute of Hazardous Materials Management Certification (Master Level CHMM #3725)
• Texas Corrective Action Project Manager (CAPM #642)
• Radiation Safety Officer and NORM Surveyor/Supervisor – NRC Compliant
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Microbial Assessment Consultant (#MAC270)
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Lead Abatement Supervisor (#2080002)
• Texas DSHS-Licensed Asbestos Consultant (#105379)–Inspector; Designer/Planner; Supervisor
• Arkansas DEQ– Asbestos Certification (#015166) – Inspector; Designer; Supervisor
• Florida DEQ – Microbial Assessor (#MRSA1712)
• Ohio DEQ– Asbestos Hazard Abatement Project Designer (#PD60805)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: • Houston Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM)
• Institute for Hazardous Materials Managers (IHMM)
• ASTM International
• Texas Association of Professional Geoscientists
• International Society of Environmental Forensics
• National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP)
• Air and Waste Management Association
• American Industrial Hygiene Association
• Indoor Air Quality Association (IAQA)
• National Groundwater Association (NGWA)
• Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG)
• Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA)
• Network of Energy Advisors (NEA)
• Association of Environmental Health and Sciences (AEHS)
• Texas Association of Environmental Professionals (TAEP)
• Geological Society of America (GSA)
• American Chemical Society
• International Society of Technical and Environmental Professionals (INSTEP)
• Environmental Bankers Association (EBA) - Consultant Associate
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: • Environmental Banker’s Association: Semi-Annual National Conference: “Land-Based Well Blowout: A Remediation Case Study (South Louisiana)” (December, 2015)
• Tianjin University (China) “The International Symposium on Construction of Tianjin” Presentation/Speaker – “Proactive Systems & Rapid Response Actions to Reduce & Mitigate Human & Natural Resource Damage Following Catastrophic (Hazardous Materials) Incidents in Industry” (October 2015)
• Colliers International - Guest Lecturer: “Changes to Due Diligence Guidance” (June 2014)
• Comerica, Guest Lecturer: “Changes to Due Diligence Guidance & the 8 Biggest Failures in Commercial Property Risk Management (And How to Avoid Them)” (May 2014)
• SEAK, Environmental Litigation Expert: “Making the Complex Understandable: What Works for Expert Witnesses” (May 2014)
• Comerica Bank, Guest Lecturer: “Environmental Trends” (September 2012)
• University of Texas Health Science Center, CHMM Guest Lecturer: “Environmental Assessment; FIFRA; NEPA; Petroleum Storage Tanks; Environmental Regulations; and Stormwater OPA” (March, 2012)
• Environmental Bankers Association – Webinar: “Use of Geophysical Methods to Promote Optimized & Non-Intrusive Environmental Site Assessment” (October, 2010)
• Environmental Bankers Association: “RCRA Implications for Materially Impaired Real Property Assessment – Is a Voluntary Cleanup Program Certificate Attainable and Protective? Implications for Banks upon Foreclosure” (January, 2010)
• Forensic Expert Witness Association, Texas Summer Conference – Discussion Panel: “The Valuable Environmental/Engineering Expert Witness: the Lawyer’s Perspective” (July, 2009)
• Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Supplier Development Seminar – Presentation: “The Contracting Process – How to Work for Wal-Mart” (November, 2008)
• Comerica Bank, Regional Technical Environmental Seminar – Presentation: “Vapor Intrusion Hazards and Application of the ASTM Standard” (November, 2008)
• Environmental Data Resources, Inc. – Panelist: “Due Diligence at Dawn Forum” (April, 2008)
• Environmental Banker’s Association – Presentation/Speaker – Semi-Annual National Conference: “Environmental Considerations for Operating Oil & Gas Fields & Facilities” (January, 2008)
• The University of Texas Health Science Center (Instructor) – For Certification on Behalf of the Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers and the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager; (2003 to Present): “Environmental Assessments (ASTM et.al); Petroleum Storage Tank Management; Environmental Regulations and Statutes; Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Federal Insecticide Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA); and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)”
• Retained Lecturer of the Canadian Consulate – Saskatchewan (SEWAQ) Environmental Conference; Presentation: “Environmental Opportunities in Texas, Louisiana & Mexico” (February, 2006)
• American Institute of Architects Houston, 10th Annual “Design for Health” Guest Lecturer: “Infection Control in Architecture”(2005)
• American Institute of Architects Houston – Guest Speaker: “Infection Control in Healthcare and Environmental Considerations for the Built Environment” (2005)
• Comerica Bank, Environmental Risk Management – Guest Speaker: “Environmental Regulations in Texas – An Update” (2004 and 2005)
• Memorial Hermann Healthcare System – Executive Project Manager’s & Property Manager’s Group Meeting: “Environmental Considerations in the Healthcare Environment” (2003 and 2004)
• State Farm Insurance Company – Presentation to Executive Team & Adjusters: “Biocontamination of Building Materials – Identification and Control” (2001 and 2002)
• American Woman’s Society of Certified Public Accountants of Houston (AWSCPA) – Presentation: “Consideration of Environmental Issues in Financial/Tax Repo
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Environmental due diligence for real estate; affected property remediation, oil well blowout and emergency response clean-up, corrective action and remediation to soil, ground water, surface water, hazardous waste and hazardous materials spill response, indoor air quality assessment and forensic study, asbestos testing and fiber release, emergency response, mold contamination within buildings and cause of loss, environmental compliance, cost estimating and reasonable cost review, vapor intrusion into buildings and mitigation of vapor hazards, remediation alternatives.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 25+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: ● Real Estate Assessments (Environmental Due Diligence) - ASTM, USEPA/CERCLA and NEPA;
● Environmental Compliance Audits for the Regulated Community and Financial Institution Reliance;
● Remediation Management & Corrective Action (Clean-up) Consulting of Contaminated Real Estate;
● Risk-Based Closure (“Administrative Closure”) of Contaminated Property via Non-Invasive Means;
● Hazardous & Solid Waste Materials Management and Clean-up Consulting of Affected Property;
● Asbestos, Lead-Based Paint and Mold/Fungal Industrial Hygiene Assessment, Abatement Project Management, and Third Party (Contractor) Oversight;
● Radiation Safety (NORM) Assessment, Remediation Management and Clean-up Consulting of Historical and Active Oil & Gas Production Fields and Support Operations; and
● General Consulting and Client Representation including:
○ Preparation of Environmental Management Programs;
○ Review and Analysis of Third Party Consultant Reports (Peer Review);
○ Data Evaluation and Conceptual Cost Estimation; and
○ Preparation and Client Representation for State and Federal Environmental Permits.
● Petroleum Storage Tank (PST) Management, Compliance and Corrective Action
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $265
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $265
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Mileage at federal rate; expenses at cost plus 15%
Mr. Hayes Arendall - BBVA Compass Bank Real Estate Department Corporate Counsel (205) 524-7116 email@example.com
Suncoast Resources, Inc. Ms. Susan Tyler Environmental/HSE Director (713) 429-6732 firstname.lastname@example.org and as counsel for Suncoast: The Joseph Hale Company - Mr. Paul Rath - Counsel (281) 541-3955 - email@example.com
Crowell & Moring, LLP - Ms. Barbara Champoux - (917) 270 - 0393 firstname.lastname@example.org