iOPolicing remains the premier resource for expert testimony, case studies and evaluation, agency support, and advancing the area of Police Sciences. The founder of Integrated Operational Police, LLC., (iOPolicing) Robert Grant, III, Esquire, and he has an exhaustive background in law enforcement best practices based upon his near 30 years of experience with the Los Angeles Police Department, and other associated agencies. In his career he has developed expertise in:
*Violent Gang Enforcement, Prevention, and Mitigation Programs
*Field Enforcement and Covert Narcotics enforcement techniques
*Incident Command Systems planning, implementation, and after-action analysis
*Best practices in the Patrol Based Operations and Training
*Crime Scene Development and Active Operational Investigation
*Leadership Training and Mid-Level Management Development
*Administrative and Disciplinary Modalities and Appellate Matters
Robert’s expertise as a Peace Officer and Attorney makes him uniquely qualified to evaluate and present his expert opinion objectively based upon facts and circumstances of most law enforcement incidents. Though an unrepentant advocate of law enforcement, there are several instances of poor practices and misconduct that will need the weight of a knowledgeable trained expert. Robert is committed to presenting his opinion based upon the constitutional principles of “fair play and substantial justice” at all times.
- Crime Foreseeability
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Drug Enforcement
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Law Enforcement
- Police Procedures
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: My formal education includes a Bachelors in Biological Sciences and a second in Psychology from San Jose State University and Juris Doctorate in Law from Western State University (an ABA accredited law school). Prior to retirement from the Los Angeles Police Department, I held ongoing certification from California Police Officers Standards and Training at the Advanced Certification level.
I am currently an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of California (SBN 343304) and will be seeking licensure in other states and jurisdictions.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: I am member in good standing with the Los Angeles Police Protective League, Oscar Joel Bryant Foundation, and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated.
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: During the course of my near 30 near tenure with the Los Angeles Police Department, I was assigned to the Los Angeles Police Academy as a course instructor in the areas of Police Academics and Criminal Law. For more than 20 years, I was a Field Training Officer with the LAPD working numerous Valley Bureau, Central Bureau, and South Bureau within the City of Los Angeles.
Integrated Operational Policing, LLC., is a police leadership training program that I created in the latter part of my career with LAPD. I now consult with law enforcement agencies and government entities to address enforcement modalities.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have not been retained as an expert but have testified numerous times as a Peace Officer in the areas of narcotics enforcement, burglary investigations, robbery investigations, gang violence and criminal activities, and other enforcement related topics.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: None
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: None
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Three time on best practices while in law enforcement as a Peace Officer.
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Fall 2003
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: I have qualified as an expert more than 100 times as a Peace Officers before California Superior Courts as a Narcotics Expert, Criminal Investigator, Street Crime and Gang Expert, and other investigative areas based upon best practices.
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: I have testified as an expert more than 100 times as a Peace Officers before California Superior Courts as a Narcotics Expert, Criminal Investigator, Street Crime and Gang Expert, and other investigative areas based upon best practices.
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: I have been in the legal industry for 34 years as a Peace Officer, Hearing Representative, and licensed Attorney.
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: I offer expert case evaluation, the production of Rule 26 level expert report, non-testifying expert evaluation, and expert testimony in the several best practices of policing.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: My hourly rate begins at $300 dollars an hour yet is higher and case specific for in-person testimony.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: To review documents, not including the initial issue spotting consultation, is $300 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: The hourly rate for deposition testimony in a virtual media is $300 per hour, while in-person depositions are at a rate of $450 per hour.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: At trial testimony is at a rate of $450 per hour with an anticipated 6 hours of minimum service in addition to reasonable expenses for travel and lodging.
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Under all circumstances the clients are responsible for all reasonable expense to include but not limited to business class airfare, standard business lodging, ground transportation and car rentals, copying expenses, and other reasonable personal expenses for the iOPolicing and the clients agree to in advance.
Available Upon Request