Stanford-trained Board-Certified Endocrinologist
Active clinical practice
Fellow, American College of Endocrinology
Vice President American College of Endocrinology, New Mexico Chapter
Experienced public speaker: Over 90 lectures to physicians, nurses and lay people
14 depositions and 5 court appearances since 1995
32 hours expert witness training from SEAK
Highly professional, reliable and efficient
Dr. Bernstein's expertise includes all areas within the specialties of endocrinology and diabetes; he is Board Certified in both Internal Medicine (1975) and Endocrinology and Metabolism (1977). He is currently a Consultant Physician for Diabetes and Endocrinology at La Familia Medical Center in Santa Fe, NM, and holds the same position at Navicent Health Center in Macon, GA
Dr. Bernstein has done medical-legal consultations over the past 20 years, including numerous chart reviews, and several depositions and court appearances.
Attorneys who have worked with Dr. Bernstein have commented that he is professional, knowledgeable, extremely reliable, efficient, and an excellent witness.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD
Board Certified Internal Medicine
Board Certified Endocrinology and Metabolism
Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Diabetes Association
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Numerous (over 90) lectures to physicians, nurses, allied health care personnel, and general public. Excellent public speaker and teacher.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Approximately 20 times
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 70%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: May 30, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Five
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Five
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 23
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, chart reviews, reports, availability for depositions and court appearances
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $725
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $725
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $725
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $725
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
Christina E. Sharkey
KIRKLAND & ELLIS LLP
300 North LaSalle, Chicago, IL 60654
T +1 312 862 3458 M +1 814 404 7972
F +1 312 862 2200
Asst. Public Defender
Capital Crimes Unit
Law Offices of the Public Defender
505 Marquette, NW, Suite 120
Albuquerque, NM 87102
505-369-3600, Ext. 10137
M. Karen Kilgore
Cuddy and McCarthy
1701 Old Pecos Trail
PO Box 4160
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Letters of Reference, from these and others, available upon request