Richard Frances, MD, is an expert in addiction psychiatry and psychiatry. He was the founding president of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, Past President and Medical Director of Silver Hill Hospital, and is a regular guest expert on Court TV. He is the author of many books and other publications in psychiatry, is listed in best doctors nationally and has an international reputation. He has also written on forensic psychiatry and has extensive experience as an expert witness and as a consultant.
Areas of Expertise
- Addiction Medicine
- Alcohol Abuse
- Brain Injury
- Child Custody
- Child Psychology
- Drug Abuse
- Family Law
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychology
- Managed Care & HMOs
- Pain Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sanity/Trial Competency
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Harassment/Discrimination
- Spousal Abuse
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD, DFAP, FACP, Diplomate American Board of Psychiatry AND NEUROLOGY. ALSO BOARD CERTIFIED IN ADDICTION PSYCHIATRY. LICENSED MD, IN, NY, AND CONN. ROFESSOR OF PSYCHIATRY NYU MEDICAL SCHOOL
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: AMERICAN COLLEGE OF PSYCHIATRISTS, AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN ACADEMY OF ADD ICTION PSYCHIATRY, GROUP FOR ADVANCEMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: SPEAK WIDELY, PROFESSOR OF PSYCHIATRY AT NYU AND UMDNJ, DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC AND PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION AT SILVER HILL HOSPITAL. REGULAR ON COURT TV. FORMER DIRECTOR OF RESIDENCY AND MEDICAL EDUCTION AT UMDNJ, NEWARK, WAS ON OPRAH
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: APPROXIMATELY 45
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: PSYCHIATRY, ADDICTION PSYCHIATRY,
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 25
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 75
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: APPROX 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: MAY 10 2005
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: APROX 15
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 15
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: ALL
Luke Connelly. Winston and Strawn
Allen Mansfield . Greenberg Traurig
Shiela Reisel. & Steve McSweeney at
Blank and Rome