Dr. Asfour has worked extensively in adult infectious diseases for the past 20 years. He has had more than 35,000 direct patient encounters. He has experience in reviewing cases for both the plaintiff and defense.
Dr. Asfour is board certified in Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine. In addition to his work in the US seeing patients, he has worked for the World Health Organization. He is also Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCSF. He is generally available on short notice and is an efficient worker with a short turn-around time for legal case review. He has extensive experience in treating patients and advising hospitals and skilled nursing facilities in Infection Control (Including outbreak management / COVID-19) and Antimicrobial Stewardship.
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Long Term Care
- Mass Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified in Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine.
Licensed in AL, AZ, CA, CO, GA, ID, IL, MI, MT, MN, NV, NH, TX, UT, WA, WI.
Expert Witness and Telemedicine registrations in FL.
University of California, Davis B.S. in Genetics
New York Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, Residency in Internal Medicine (Resident of the Year)
University of California, San Diego, Fellowship in Infectious Diseases
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Infectious Diseases Society of the United States (IDSA)
Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
American Society of Microbiology
Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Teaching Internal Medicine residents in Infectious Diseases. Multiple trainings, webinars, lectures in various related topics.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 40+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Infectious Diseases related matters including treatment related issues and epidemiology related issues. I have also been retained as an expert in an advisory capacity on occasion.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Seven
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 2022
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Four
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Expert Witness, case reviews, record reviews, litigation consulting, report writing, consulting, site inspections (related to infection prevention/infection control practices)
Available Upon Request