Prof. Black is a trial experienced adjunct professor of real estate. He has been performing litigation support services for more than 35 years. He assists legal counsel with all aspects of the case and provides assistance in settlement conferences and mediations.
Prof. Black specializes in the following areas:
REAL ESTATE DISPUTES:
Real Estate Analysis
Real Estate Investments
Economic Evaluation of Construction Damages
Loss Revenue/Profit Analysis
Economic Delay Analysis/Damages
Construction Delay Damages
Value of Lost Amenities
Diminution of Value
Lost Rental Revenues
BROKER / REALTOR STANDARD OF CARE:
Broker/Realtor Standard of Care
Code of Ethics of the National Association of Realtors (NAR)
•Real Estate Institute, Certificate Program
New York University, New York, N.Y.
•M.B.A. Degree in Finance
Adelphi University, Garden City, Long Island, N.Y.
•B.S. Degree in Finance; Minor in Economics
Long Island University, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Eminent Domain
- Land Use & Zoning
- Lost Profits
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Malpractice
- Residential Real Estate
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: New York University, Real Estate Institute, Certificate Program; MBA from Adelphi University; BS from Long Island University. Real estate brokers license (Florida).
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Real Estate Society (ARES)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I am presently a lecturer at the University of Miami and an adjunct professor at Florida International University (FIU). The subject matter is real estate.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 100+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Real estate broker, realtor, standard of care, economic damages, procuring cause and general real estate disputes
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 55%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: June, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 11
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 11
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 37
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Litigation consulting services
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $295.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $295.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $295.00 per hour (two hour minimum)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $295.00 per hour (three hour minimum)
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Research materials, travel expenses and copy costs
Mark A. Dienstag, Esq.
1390 S. Dixie Hwy., Suite 1310
Coral Gables, Fla. 33146
Richard D. Sneed, Jr., Esq.
Law Offices of Richard D. Sneed, Jr.,P.A.
1905 S. 25th Street, Suite 206
Mardi Executive Center
Ft. Pierce, Fla. 34947
Michael D. Sechrest, Esq.
Fisher, Butts, Sechrest, Warner & Palmer, P.A.
5200 SW 91st Terrace, Suite 101
Gainesville, Fla. 32608