Active Board Certified Radiation Oncologist with extensive teaching experience
Chair of a National Radiation Oncology Quality Assurance Committee (ASTRO)
Former Chief Quality Officer Dept of Radiation Oncology UCLA
Former Quality Officer David Geffin School of Medicine at UCLA
Current Chief Quality Officer CTCA Radiation Oncology
Extensive experience in evaluating or developing programs for hospital safety, patient safety, and peer review in Radiation Oncology.
Elected by my peers for Top Doctor Award multiple years.
Expert witness experience since 1998 for both plaintiff and defense.
Able to explain complex cases to juries and attorneys in easily understood terms.
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Medical Devices
- Medical Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Records
- Radiation Oncology
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified - Radiation Oncology (active practice)
Radiation Oncologist- Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) Phoenix
Chair Grievance Committee CTCA
Chief Quality Officer CTCA
Associate Clinical Professor Radiation Oncology - UCLA 2009-2019
Chief Quality Officer - Dept Radiation Oncology UCLA till 2019
Quality Officer - David Geffin School of Medicine UCLA till 2019
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Invited speaker AAPM and ASTRO
Error Reduction AAPM, ASTRO 2015,2016
Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Lymphoma
Physician engagement in incidence reporting in Radiation Oncology
General Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Active Expert Witness practice since 1998 for defense and plaintiffs
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Radiation Injury, Delay of Diagnosis, Breast Cancer, Gynecologic Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Quality Assurance issues, Medical Malpractice, Brachytherapy (implant therapy), peer review, Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), Lung Cancer, Brain Cancer, Radiation Exposure, Radiation-Induced Cancer, Patent, Product Liability, patient safety, hospital safety, environmental exposure, radiation side effects, talc, mesothelioma, industrial radiography
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2-4 per year
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 1998
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical record review, teaching, research, report preparation, deposition, trial testimony
References Available Upon Request