Phillip Beron, MD is a board certified Radiation Oncologist.
He is the Chief Quality Officer in the department of Radiation Oncology at UCLA. He is Chief of the Breast and Lymphoma services in Radiation Oncology. Additionally, he is part of the head/neck, CNS (brain), GI, Lung, and GYN teams. He has expertise in stereotactic SBRT and MRI guided radiation therapy.
He has excellent communication/teaching skills and is often called upon to explain/opine re: complex oncology cases.
Dr. Beron is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiation Oncology at UCLA.
Areas of Expertise
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Medical Devices
- Medical Records
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Assistant Professor Radiation Oncology - UCLA
Board Certified - Radiation Oncology
Re certified - 2015
Chief Quality Officer
Chief Breast Radiation Oncology UCLA
Chief Lymphoma Service UCLA
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
American Brachytherapy Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Error Reduction Error reporting AAPM, ASTRO 2015,2016
Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 18 years experience.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: lung cancer, brain cancer, delay of diagnosis, breast cancer, general radiation oncology, gynecologic cancer, prostate cancer, quality assurance, medical malpractice, radiation accident, brachytherapy, gamma knife, stereotactic radiosurgery, SRS
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 30
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: within 6 months
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 18
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical record review, teaching, research, report preparation, deposition, trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: usual and customary travel, parking etc...
references available upon request