Dr. Tringale provides environmental consulting and expert witness services to a diverse group of public and private sector clients throughout the United States both directly and through legal counsel. His experience includes contaminated soil and groundwater issues; Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) remedial investigations and feasibility studies; cost estimating and allocation; soil and groundwater remediation and redevelopment; and third-party review and strategic consulting. As a testifying expert and litigation consultant, Dr. Tringale has given testimony at trial in state and federal courts. His opinions have related to compliance with the National Contingency Plan, identification of contaminant sources, assessment of magnitude and extent of contamination, evaluation of remediation programs, review and development of remedial cost estimates, and allocation of cost and responsibility.
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Professional Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Professional Engineer, California and New York
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
Master of Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
M.S., Civil Engineering (Engineering Geology), Drexel University, Philadelphia
B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Civil Engineers
National Ground Water Association
American College of Forensic Examiners
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Site Assessment and Remediation; Sources and Extent of Contamination; Environmental Program Management; Responsibility and Cost Allocation; Regulatory Compliance; National Contingency Plan
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: Approximately 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: Approximately 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: More than 15
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 8, 2001
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: More than 25 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Environmental and Engineering Consulting, Site Assessment and Remediation, Technical Review, Cost Allocation, Litigation Consulting, and Expert Witness Services
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $395
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $395
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $600
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel & Expenses
References upon request.