Dr. Tringale has served in senior technical and management positions throughout his thirty year professional career. With experience gained from a start-up consulting firm as well as from well-established engineering companies, he continues to focus his energies on leading technical projects and overseeing technical and geographic expansion activities. Dr. Tringale has directed numerous site assessments and remediation programs involving soil and groundwater contaminated primarily by organic solvents, metals, and petroleum products. He has particular expertise in site characterization and in the use of in-situ testing to evaluate soil properties. Dr. Tringale has provided final design for remedial actions that involve excavation, containment, bioremediation, vacuum extraction, monitoring, and groundwater treatment. Dr. Tringale has also provided litigation consulting services and expert testimony in support of counsel for cases involving National Contingency Plan compliance, identification of contaminant sources, magnitude and extent of contamination, remedial cost estimates, and allocation of cost and responsibility.
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Hydrology & Groundwater
- Professional Engineering
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Registered Professional Engineer, California
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
M.Eng., Civil Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
M.S., Civil Engineering (Engineering Geology), Drexel University, Philadelphia
B.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Civil Engineers
National Ground Water Association
International Society for Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
San Francisco Planning & Urban Research Association
American College of Forensic Examiners
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: More than 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Site Assessment and Remediation; Environmental Program Management; Responsibility and Cost Allocation; Regulatory Compliance; National Contingency Plan
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 66%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 34%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Approximately 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Ocotober 22nd, 2012
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 20 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Environmental & Engineering Consulting and Expert Witness
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $525
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $525
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel & Expenses
References upon request.