For fourty years Peter Meer - owner and president of Meer & Company, Inc., has been involved in residential, HOA and apartment property management. Through this management experience, He is nationally recognized as an expert in below identified area. Mr Meer can be engaged to serve as an expert witness in the following areas of property management: Property maintenance, - Transactions - Lease disputes - Liability of premises - property health and safety - Personal injury and wrongful death - Home Owner Association (HOA) slip/fall, reasonable care and ADA violations - Management company and property construction defects - Property standard of care - Carbon monoxide and radon gas poisoning - Illegal drugs and drug activity - Inspection of property - Criminal acts - HOA Board duties and negligence - Management or receiver fees - Negligence in hiring, supervision and termination.
- Commercial Real Estate
- Hazardous Materials
- Negligent Hiring
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Property Management
- Real Estate Leasing
- Residential Real Estate
- Retail Real Estate
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Wood Products & Lumber
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: • Bachelor of Science in Business (BS) University of Colorado 1966
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA), San Francisco State University 1970
• Mr. Meer holds the Master Property Manager (MPM) designation
• Meer and CO., Inc. holds the Certified Residential Property Management (CRMC) designation
• Mr. Meer has been awarded the Residential Property Manager and Master Property Manager designation from NARPM.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: • Member of National Association of Residential Property Managers, NARPM
• Member of National Association of Residential Property Managers, NARPM, Denver chapter
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Residential Property Management Agreements
How to Manage Your Own Rental Property
• Marketing, Promotion, and Public Relations for Your Residential Property Management Agreements
• A Checklist to Running Your Own Property Management Company
• Liability and Safety Issue Impacting Property Managers
• Obtaining New Clients and Tenants for Your Residential Property Management Business
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Residential Property Management
Commercial Property Management
Slip, Trip & Falls
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Radon Gas Poisoning
Lead Based Paint Issues
Illegal Drugs & Drug Activity
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 8
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 2
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 12 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Site Inspections, Expert Witness testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $325
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $375
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $375
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
Mailing & Postage Fees
References upon request.