Peter Crosby has over 40 years' experience in the global medical device industry. He has been CEO of six medical device companies (public and private) in four countries, and has brought many medical devices to the world market.
Product experience includes implantable devices (cochlear implants, pacemakers, defibrillators, LVADs, neurostimulators), in vitro diagnostics, software, patient monitoring, imaging (ultrasound and X-ray), and others.
Clinical areas of application include ophthalmology, otolaryngology, cardiology, cardiac surgery, pain management, clinical pathology and others.
Business domain experience includes capital markets, research and product development, manufacturing, quality management systems, clinical trials, regulatory approvals, product market launch, sales management, intellectual property and mergers and acquisitions.
He has 37 issued US patents, and has managed the intellectual property portfolio of several companies.
Peter has advised counsel, written expert reports, been deposed, and has testified at court or arbitration in dozens of cases.
- Corporate Governance
- Intellectual Property
- International Business
- International Marketing
- Medical Devices
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.Engineering (Electrical)
M. Eng. Science (Biomedical Engineering)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Multiple presentations at investor conferences.
Multiple presentations at science or industry conferences
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Over 15
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Medical device product liability
Intellectual Property and patent disputes including infringement
Commercial contracts, including interpretation of "commercially reasonable efforts"
Alleged misappropriation of intellectual property
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Over 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 5
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, strategic review, expert testimony, scientific literature review, patent analysis
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $850
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $850
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $850
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $850
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses negotiable depending on total amount and distance. Working travel billed at standard rate. Non-working travel over 4 hours per journey billed at 50% of standard rate for max of 10 hours per journey.
Nevin Gewertz, Partner, Bartlit Beck Herman Palenchar & Scott LLP, Chicago
o 312-494-4476, firstname.lastname@example.org
o Matter involved a contract dispute involving a “commercially reasonable efforts” clause in the context of the development of a medical device in the spinal implant industry
Carolyn Nussbaum, Managing Partner, Nixon Peabody, Rochester
o 585-263-1558, email@example.com
o Matter involved a contract dispute involving a “commercially reasonable efforts” clause in the context of the development of an medical device in the optical industry
Chris Kroon, Partner, Duane Morris, Boston
o +1 857 488 4276, CSKroon@duanemorris.com
o A case involving alleged theft of intellectual property and trade secrets