An extremely knowledgeable professional in residential and light commercial construction, including remodeling, with experience in structural, electrical, plumbing, roofing, interior finishes and exterior envelopes.
I offer over 44 years of practical construction experience with 35 running my own firms, have a proven track record of success as an Expert with almost 5 million dollars in awards resulting from my work in 2023, I have provided testimony or been deposed 8 times since 2021 and represent Plaintiffs or Defendants, provided the truth meets with your case position.
I am a published author - Residential Building & Remodeling; Straight Talk About The Industry and Process (Amazon)
I hold a patent for the invention of a cabinet installation assembly.
I work to stay current on construction processes, materials, technique's, industry changes and codes.
Attorney quote: "Thanks again. This case would not have gone so well without your review and testimony. We were very happy with your work on this case."
Judge/Arbitrator quotes on awards: "Mr. Johnson is unquestionably competent and credible to testify as an expert", "The arbitrator deems his expert opinions to stand uncontroverted and un-contradicted by Respondent’s expert witness",
Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
• Construction Defects
• Personal Injury resulting from Construction Defects
• Cabinetry/Trim Defects
• Interior Finish Defects
• Exterior Finish Defects
• Water Intrusion Issues
• Window & Door Defects
• Framing Defects
• Tile & Stone Defects
• ADA, IRC and IBC Codes
• Design/build Process
• Critical Path Scheduling
- Brick & Stone
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction Damages
- Construction Site
- Interior Design
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Licensed Unlimited Home Builder, South Carolina
Licensed Residential Builder, Virginia
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Bar Association, Associate Member
American Institute of Architects, Allied Member
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 45
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Construction Defects, Construction Codes, ADA Codes, Personal Injury as the result of construction defects, gas appliance explosion, gas explosion resulting from construction defects, construction cost estimating.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 65
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 35
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 8
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: September 14, 2023
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 10
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 5
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 29
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, testing, report writing, site inspections
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $375.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $375.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Portal to portal time accounting, including cost of travel, I.e. airline, car rental, hotel, etc. Paralegal $185/hr
Lewis P. Trippett, Esq.
Higgins & Trippett LLP
1120 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10036
Tel.: (212) 840-8334
Brian D. Solomon, Esq.
Kirwin Norris, P.A.
6767 N. Wickham Road
Melbourne, Florida 32940
J. Eric Jones, Esq.
The Jones Law Firm, P.A.
10752 Deerwood Park Boulevard, Suite 100
Jacksonville, FL 32256