Mr. Johnson is an expert in all aspects of residential construction, including remodeling, with experience in structural, electrical, plumbing, roofing, finishes and exterior envelopes.
Mr. Johnson has previously founded and run multi-million dollar construction companies, serving thousands of clients in projects ranging from $50,000 to $13,000,000 dollars in value as well as served as an expert witness in cases ranging from $100,000-$1,400,000 in value.
Mr. Johnson is a published author - Residential Remodeling; Straight Talk About The Industry and Process
Mr. Johnson holds a patent for the invention of a cabinet installation assembly.
Mr. Johnson brings over 40 years of construction expertise to the table for his clients.
- Building Codes
- Building Contractor Liability
- Construction Damages
- Construction Site
- Interior Design
- Scheduling Delay & Analysis
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Trained in the school of hard knocks, in the industry since age 18, running my own firms for 35 years
American Society of Home Inspectors professional
Held General Contractor Licenses in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and South Carolina
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Testified before a U.S. Senate subcommittee on the Davis Bacon Act
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 3, has not been my focus of attention until recently
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Residential construction litigation
Areas of expertise retained for have been: Foundation, exterior envelope, flooring installation, tile installation, electrical systems, plumbing systems, stone work, concrete, structural framing, masonry, roofing, HVAC systems, EIFS, Doors, Windows, Cabinetry, Waterproofing, Retaining walls, Critical Path Scheduling, Management
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 100%
That said, the attorneys that I have provided my services to have specifically told me that I was the best, most detailed, timely and accurate they had worked with.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Probably 2008
Getting ready for one on a current case right after the new year
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 4d
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: On and off for roughly 25 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, reports, site inspections, installation/construction analysis
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $300.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $300
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $400, minimum 4 hours
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $400
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Additional expenses, over and above hourly rates:
Any travel expenses, minimum 3 star accommodations
All time is portal to portal
Copy, mail, overnight shipping expenses
Materials for site investigation/analysis
McManus Schor Asmar & Darden
1301 Connecticut Av., Ste 600
N.W. Washington, D.C. 20036
West End Law Group, LLC
400 Augusta St., Ste 120
Greenville, SC 29601
Anthony Law, LLC
650 E. Washington St.
Greenville, SC 29601