Dr. Paul Damian is a Board Certified Toxicologist (Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology [DABT]) and European Registered Toxicologist (ERT) with over 30 years of experience assessing the human health risks associated with chemicals in the environment and workplace, and in consumer products. Dr. Damian is the founder and Principal of Damian Applied Toxicology, LLC, which specializes in the advanced assessment of health and ecological risks related to chemical exposures. Dr. Damian has a PhD in Toxicology and Pharmacology from the University of California-Davis, a Master of Public Health in Environmental Health from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and a BS in Natural Resources, also from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Areas of Expertise
- Environmental Medicine
- Environmental Toxicology
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Industrial Medicine
- Lead Poisoning
- Medical Toxicology
- Occupational Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: PhD, Toxicology and Pharmacology, University of California-Davis
MPH, Environmental Health (Environmental Chemistry), University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
BS, Natural Resources, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
European Registered Toxicologist (ERT)
United Kingdom Register of Toxicologists
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Board of Toxicology
Society of Toxicology
American College of Toxicology
American Academy of Clinical Toxicology
International Society of Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology
American Association of Clinical Chemistry
Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
The British Toxicology Society
Society of Toxicologic Pathology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: As Adjoint Assistant Professor, taught a graduate-level course in toxicology and pharmacology for the Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center in Denver, CO.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Toxicologist.
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: April 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 6 (every case that has gone to trial).
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 6
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 30 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Technical consulting, expert reports, deposition, court testimony.
References upon request.