I provide expert witness services in connection with Hatch-Waxman type ANDA and patent infringement litigation in the area of pharmaceutical technology. I have been deposed twice, sat in and advised counsel on two other depositions, was involved with one pretrial preparation and I have testified at trial.
My services have been retained a major Generic Pharmaceutical Company, I was deposed and participated in pretrial preparation. I have also provided testimony at trial in in a patent infringement case.
I also consult for the Biotechnology industry and am currently working with H3-Biomedicine where I oversee radio-labled syntheses of active pharmaceutical agents standards for pharmacokinetic studies in support of for clinical trials for their cancer drug cantidates.
A Ph. D. Medicinal Chemist with over 25 years experience in the discovery and development of novel human therapeutics in the areas of anti-infective, anti-inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases. I contributed to the development of NUZYRUA (Omadacycline), a new antibiotic approved by the FDA in October of 2018.
I have been involved in all aspects of drug research and development from formulation development, synthesis/purification, in-vitro, in-vivo (efficacy and pharmacokinetics), dosing routs, and the management of CROs to support pre-clinical testing.
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Ph. D. in Chemistry from Brown University
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: I currently teach organic chemistry and general science lecture courses at Salve Regina University
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: I have been retained 4 times as an expert witness
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Hatch-Waxman type litigation involving an ANDA and secondly a patent infringement case involving the formulation of a nutraceutical. I have also been hired for a contract dispute involving the transportation of a pharmaceutical.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: December, 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, drug testing, expert reports, testimony, patent infringement and drug formulation opinions, reverse engineering of drug formulations, contract disputes, claim construction,
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 500
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 500
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: My travel rate is 250/h
Available Upon Request