I am a Board Certified emergency room physician with no malpractice history myself. I am 14 years post residency, have rendered many written opinions and have done depositions and expert testimony. I have sat for many years on various peer review committees. I have worked and practiced in all types of EDs around the country and am very well versed in Standard of Care. I have hundreds of hours of experience in legal matters both rendering opinions and delivering top-notch depositions.
I am differentiated by the fact that I am very strategic in these matters, and dissect my review into a) problem areas (for defense or plaintiff) b) strengths of the argument that should be further explored and c) tying the medical picture together of how each case does or does not fit into standard of care.
I very much enjoy the intellectual challenges associated with expert work, and am not doing this solely for income.
- Emergency Medicine
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Toxicology
- Pain Management
- Preventive Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Board Certified Emergency Medicine by ABEM Exp 2029
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Channel 9 NBC Denver Affiliate Medical Expert - on Air
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Medicine
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 20%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 80%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: None
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 3 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Medical Exams/second opinions, case review, document review, attorney education, opinion rendering (written and oral), public speaking, deposition, live testimony in a courtroom or arbitration, other services TBD. I have deep TV and media/radio/podcasting experience as well as public speaking.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $750
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $3200 day rate
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel expenses are $600/hr, initial interview and knee-jerk opinion is free.
Lisanne Leasure, Esq.
Timms R. Fowler, Esq.