SERVICES: Expert witness reports and/or testimony in defamation of character cases, including both libel and slander, as well as portrayal in a false light and right to privacy cases. This leverages 30 years of experience as a credible journalist and one of the first practitioners of search engine optimization, as well as 20 years of consulting directly with end-clients on emotional distress issues. I am familiar with most aspects of defamation, from gossip campaigns to online defamation and reputation management. Particular areas of expertise:
• Economic damages resulting from defamation and harm to reputation.
• Online defamation through review/rating web sites, or head-on SEO attacks (e.g., through Google or YouTube listings).
• Maliciously, negligently, or recklessly inflicted emotional distress.
• Traditional mainstream media libel. I've been an editor, journalist, and author for 30 years, and know the aspects from fault to hot-button words.
Conflicts: very few. I'm not inherently a plaintiffs' or defendants' expert witness; I deliver opinion based on the facts, and whether I feel I have significant expertise in the issue. My balance of plaintiff/defendant cases is about 50/50%.
BASIS FOR OPINIONS:
• Twenty years of studying defamation law.
• Twenty-five years in programming and online forums.
• Being a CFO, financial software designer, and digital analyst.
• Founding Principal of Carroll Reputation, providing reputation management, promotion, and repair. www.carrollreputation.com
• Hundreds of consultations with victims of defamation.
• Author of Fighting Slander, originally published in 2003, with the 5th Edition published in 2022 and available at https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737322528.
• Have been the named expert in approximately 35 cases, delivered 30 reports, deposed 12 times, and testified in court 5 times.
For further information please download my CV or a list of reports and cases from this website, see a broader bio at www.nicholascarroll.com, or contact me by phone or email for a consultation or fee schedule.
- Business Interruption
- Business Valuation
- Credit Damage
- Intellectual Property
- International Marketing
- Lost Profits
- Printing & Publishing
Available Upon Request