I am a board certified in American board of Internal Medicine with clinical fellowship training and board certification in Nephrology-Hypertension- Kidney Transplant and specialization in Geriatrics and Nursing home practice. I have extensive clinical-administrative-research and academic experience in almost every area of medicine. I provide simultaneous oversight and supervision of the overall medicine service in areas of monitoring of quality and adverse events- outcomes in overall performance of the medical center in ares of mortality-hospital acquired complications- readmissions- medication related adverse events- falls related injuries- post-procedure and post=surgical complications- ICU related complications- Emergency service
Areas of Expertise
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Nephrology (Kidney)
- Nursing Homes
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: M.D Internal Medicine board recertified 2014
Geriatrics board recertified 2014
Nephrology- Hypertension- Renal Transplant Board recertified-2014
Fellow of American Society of Nephrology
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Nephrology
American Medical Association
American College of Physicians
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Academic affiliate and adjunct positions as Clinical faculty in capacity of Professor, Clinical Assistant Professor and Clinical research in Medicine and Nephrology at following Univerisities:
1. University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa , FL
2. Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston ( Maine Campus residency) B , Maine
3 Oklahoma State University Medical School, Tulsa, Oklahoma
4. University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
5. University of Miami- JFK Campus, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: Never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Multiple times. Wide experience in providing expert opinion with complete knowledge and experience in:
a. Expert Witness Opinion for the case- One time ( For insurance /malpractice/third party payers etc)
b. Followup with Depositions and Testimonies
c. Follow up with Interrogatories with final proceeding to the Pre-trial or Trial phase in the court
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 1. Kidney diseases related complications and adverse events
2. Hypertension - Blood pressure related adverse events
3. Kidney transplant- related adverse events
4. Heart diseases complicating the adverse outcomes in Kidney disease patients
5. Cancer related complications and adverse outcomes in kidney disease patients
6. Dialysis related complications and adverse outcomes in kidney disease patients
7. Elderly patients with complications and wrongful deaths
8.Elderly patients with complications and adverse outcomes from hospitalizations- falls related injuries- medication related injuries- and wrongful death
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 55-60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40-45%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Multiple times- more than 10 to 12 times
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: Around year 2012-13
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: All occasions
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Multiple times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: More than 15 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: 1. One time Consultation with initial charge of $ 2000-2500 for the complete case. Upfront retainership-
2. As indicated ,followup with preparation and queries and interrogatories $200.00 per hour
3. Depositions $250.00 per hour
4. Court appearance $ 250.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: One time upfront consultation completed - $ 2000-2500
Followup as indicated with progression of the case $200.00 per hour
Depostions and Court $250.00 per hour with travel accomodations , as needed
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $200.00 per hour after initial consultation completed-
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $250.00 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $250.00 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Any other fees related to travel /acc0modation expenses - are not included. The rest is included
Christopher Larmoyeux , Esq- TRIAL LAWYERS