Michelle Myers Glower
Michelle has been a registered nurse for over 25 years, specializing in ER, Medical Surgical and Long Term care. She is currently a clinical instructor, actively practicing in the hospital setting teaching students in the BSN and ADN program. In addition to her academia work, she is an independent contractor reviewing medical malpractice cases since 2004. She has served as a testifying expert in depositions and at trial. The majority of her work is for the plaintiff, as that is just how she is contacted. Her reviews are objective and she will give you an open honest opinion.
Originally from Chicago Il. Michelle received her BSN from Loyola University at Chicago and her Masters in nursing education at St. Xavier University, Chicago IL. Currently she resides in Florida. She is an active member of the American Nurses Association, Emergency Nurses Association and the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants. She has published articles in peered reviewed nursing journals and is a Board Certified Nursing Executive-Advanced through the prestigious American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and Certified Clinical Nurse Educator through the National League of Nursing (NLN).
Standard of Care for nursing is not based on geography, but by the practice of quality evidenced based care.
- Emergency Medicine
- Hospital Administration
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medical Fraud
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Records
- Spine Surgery
- Trauma Surgery/Trauma Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care/Pressure Sores
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: BSN Loyola University, Chicago
MSN St. Xavier University, Chicago
RN Licensed in FL. IL. (Active Compact State license)
Board Certified Nurse Executive Advanced (NEA-BC) through ANCC,Board Certified Clinical Nurse Educator CNEcl
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Nurses Association (ANA)
Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
National league for Nursing (NLN)
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Since 2004 >100
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Emergency Nursing, medical Surgical including post operative care of the surgical patient, falls with injuries, medication errors, impaired nurse, sexual assault, telemetry monitoring, pediatrics, suicide.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 90%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 10%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: >50 since 2004
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2023
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2004
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Nursing Consulting for medical malpractice, review records for documentation, offer assistant to attorneys who are representing nurses that have been reported to their State Nursing Board, Assist attorneys to review cases to determine if there is a case. Provide education to clients on specific topics in nursing.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $150/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $300/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses are reimbursed by the firm that retains expert. Deposition fees are to be paid prior to deposition and retaining counsel shall cover opposing counsels fees prior to testimony. All travel arrangements for out of State travel are provided by retaining counsel.
Available Upon Request