Mr. Watters specializes in all aspects of trial work, with emphasis on complex civil litigation, business litigation, employment litigation, family law, insurance defense including professional liability, and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
40 year trial lawyer with more than 225 days of trial last 5 years; lawyer conduct/legal malpractice experience.
Areas of Expertise
- Family Law
- Legal Ethics
- Legal Fees
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Member of the State Bar of California (No. 63140)
B.S. University of California at Berkeley
M.B.A. University of California at Berkeley
J.D. UC Hastings College of the Law
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member Sonoma County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Redwood Empire Trial Attorneys(former member)
Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California (ADC)(former member)
AAA Commercial Arbitration Panelist(former)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Professor of Tort Law at Empire College School of Law(early 90's)
MCLE programs on behalf of the SCBA, particularly on depositions including "Deposition Objections" on 8-10-15
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Two
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Standard of care of attorneys in jury trial
Standard of care of fee arbitrators
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 50%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 50%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2015
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: One
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Testified by way of declaration
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: A number on and off
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, case evaluations,standard of care of attorneys, attorney ethics, fee disputes, defense of professional licenses, training
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $450
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $550
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $550
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses
References upon request.