Mr. Ryan's areas of expertise include citizen responders who provide First Aid, CPR and Automated External Defribrillation (AED) treatment; employer responsibility in the work place as it relates to emergency care/preparedness, first aid teams and EMS issues with respect to pre-hospital emergency medicine (care and transport). Mr. Ryan also provides instruction in Defensive Driving.
Mr. Ryan has been active in pre-hospital medicine for over 30 years. During this time he has served as a Chief, Vice President and Treasurer of a Community Ambulance and Fire Department Ambulance Company with a call volume of 2,000/year. In this capacity he managed 100 volunteers and a fleet of 4 ambulances and response vehicles including day-to-day operations and patient care. He is also active in the local REMSCO (Regional EMS Council).
During the same period Mr. Ryan has been actively involved with the American Red Cross and American Heart Association in the capacity of volunteer Chairmen of Health and Safety, Board of Director and Instructor Trainer. Mr. Ryan has trained hundreds of people to instruct in the areas of First Aid, CPR and AED. Mr. Ryan has personally trained over 50,000 students.
Mr. Ryan owns and operates his own training agency called First Aid Depot; in operation since 1995, First Aid Depot provides corporate consulting/training in First Aid, CPR, AED and Defensive Driving to over 100 NY Metro businesses.
To clarify pre-hospital treatment as it relates to prompt and proper emergency care roles of the employer and employee as well as the citizen responder, Mr. Ryan is working on his first book entitled "Workplace First Aid".
He can be reached by cell phone at 516-924-6572.
- Construction Safety
- Disaster Management
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
- Personal Injury
- Safety Equipment
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MBA
Certified Instructor Trainer
EMT-CC (Emergency Medical Technician-Critical Care) Retired
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Amercian Red Cross
Amercian Heart Association
National Safety Council
AED Instructor Foundation
Long Island Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Full time trainer, speaker and facilitator; 2,500 students trained annually.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: NO
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 24
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Provided a report to council on a patients pre-hospital care (EMS) who suffered brain damage as a direct result of the ambulance care.
Provided a report to council and would have testified (case was settled out of court); employers agent held back care from an employee who died from Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
Ambulance collision with another vehicle at an intersection where the ambulance was crossing against the light.
EMS Dispatch report review.
First Responder care and procedures.
Day Care Working response to a choking child, outcome and opinion of their activity.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2022
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 2
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Medical Document Review
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 250.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 250.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 250.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 250.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel and lodging
Note, this is a short CLIENT LIST.
Attorney references Available Upon Request
Concern for Independent Living
Curtiss-Wright Flow Control
Long Island Head Start