Highly credentialed, Board Certfied in Security Management, Security Consulting, and Healthcare Security Management.
Michael S. D’Angelo, CPP, CSC, CHPA is the Principal and Lead Consultant of Secure Direction Consulting, LLC. He provides forensic litigation support for cases involving negligent security, premises liability, and related litigation with a special focus on hospital/healthcare security and workplace violence. Mr. D'Angelo's services include case review, expert testimony, and consultation on security standards and best practices.
Background - D'Angelo has been in the public safety and private security industries for nearly 30 years. Before transitioning into security management, he was a Police Captain, serving 23 years with the South Miami Florida Police Department. During his law enforcement career, he served in a variety of specialized units and gained significant managerial experience as a supervisor, middle manager, and senior commanding officer.
Upon transitioning to the private security profession, Mr. D’Angelo was hired as the Corporate Security Manager for Baptist Health South Florida, where he served as an internal consultant for security and emergency preparedness to six hospitals and a multitude of outpatient/non- hospital facilities. One of his many contributions was the development of the organization's workplace violence prevention program; Workplace Safety; Recognize and Respond to Aggressive Behavior. He has presented this program to over 1000 attendees. Additionally, he was instrumental in the development of workplace violence policies and mitigation plans. Expanding his expertise in the area, he went on to achieve the Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist certification from the National Association of Safety Professionals.
D'Angelo achieved both Board Certification in Security Management (CPP) and Board Certification in Security Consulting (CSC). Expanding his expertise in the healthcare sector, he went on to achieve both the Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator and Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional designations.
*Please contact for Mr. D'Angelo's current CV.
Areas of Expertise
- Apartment/Condominium Security
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Hospital Security
- Hotel Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Premises Liability
- School Security
- Security Management
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Advanced Education: BA Social & Criminal Justice (Ashford University). AS Criminal Justice Administration (Miami-Dade College).
Professional Certifications: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Security Consultant (CSC), Certified Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist (VPS), Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA), Certified Healthcare Emergency Professional (CHEP).
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASIS International
Forensic Expert Witness Association
Leader's Excellence at Harvard Square
International Association of Professional Security Consultants
International Association of Healthcare Security & Safety
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Researcher and course developer for workplace violence prevention. Developed the program, "Workplace Safety: Recognize and Respond to Aggressive Behavior" (over 1000 students).
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Hospitals, hotels, bars, apartment complexes, retail outlets and public spaces.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Full service consultancy providing all aspects such as document review, site inspection, interviews, report drafting, etc.
Available Upon Request