Dr. Karlovsky is double Board certified in Urology & Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (formerly Urogynecology). He provides timely and thorough case review regarding: Urological or Urogynecological complications; Trauma or Injury to Urinary Tract/Sexual Injury; MVA Injury, Insurance Review, Plaintiff or Defense, Criminal Injury, Device (mesh, Interstim, implant) malfunction or injury. ***Same day phone call/call back- 480-272-0499 cell. After hours or weekends for Expedited cases.***
Services include: IMEs, chart review, written reports, or testimony based on your case needs, for the plaintiff or defense. In addition he lectures to physician groups on mesh complications, and informed consent and mesh. He reviews cases for the Arizona State Medical Board, and participates in multiple quality measure groups at various hospitals and is a Faculty Instructor at University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Phoenix Campus.
***Free 30 minute initial phone consultation or "minicase review" of 10 documents or less, to establish merit***
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD- State University of New York-Brooklyn, College of Medicine, 1998
Urology Residency, Temple University, 2004
Fellowship- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, 2005
American Board of Urology-Certified in Urology, 2007
American Board of Urology-Certified- Female Pelvic Medicine, 2013
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Faculty Physician-University of Arizona School of Medicine, Phoenix Campus
Vice Chairman, Department of Surgery, Chandler Regional Medical Center
Fellow, American College Surgeons
Member, American Urological Association
Member, International Continence Society
Member, American Urogynecologic Society
Several other, please see CV
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: CME level course- American Urological Association meeting 2016
CME level course- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons meeting 2016
CME level course- Arizona Urological Society meeting 2017
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: >70 Expert Witness Cases in past 5 years
13 Depositions, 1 Trial
(as of January 2018)
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Urology
Urological Injury (Accident and Surgical)
Multi-district litigation- Pelvic Mesh
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 70-80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20-30%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 13
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2017
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1 of 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 5
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Report Writing
Same day phone call/call back- 480-272-0499 cell. After hours or weekends for Expedited cases.
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $600/hour
30 minute free initial phone consult to review case for merit (including up to 10 prelim document review)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $600/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $900/hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $900/hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel- $500/hour, maximum 7 hours
clerical/copy fee- gratis
Ellen Levy, Esq 602-307-9900, Phoenix, AZ
Tom Pickert, Esq 816-384-1108, Kansas City, MO
Shannon Clark, Esq 602-530-8194, Phoenix, AZ
Matthew Barsenas, Esq 248-327-6556, Troy, MI
Clancey Bounds, Esq 877-644-5122, Maitland, FL