-Nationally certified Forensic Consultant and Medical Investigator
-Nationally published author, lecturer, and instructor
-Workplace Violence Intervention/Hostile Terminations
-Violent Threat Mitigation/Risk Assessments
-Security standards and practices/Standards of care
-Vulnerability Assessments/Security Consulting
-Guard Performance/Inadequate or Negligent Security
-Crime Prevention/Site Security Design
-Use of Force and Over-escalation
-30 years combined law enforcement and security management
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Crime Foreseeability
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Disaster Management
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Fire & Life Safety
- Hazardous Materials
- Hotel Security
- Human Resources
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Law Enforcement
- Lighting & Illumination
- Negligent Hiring
- Parking Lots/Garages
- Premises Liability
- Risk Management
- School Safety
- School Security
- Security Guards
- Security Management
- Special Event Security
- Violent Crimes
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant, Certified Homeland Protection Professional, Certified Forensic Consultant, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services/Department of Consumer Affairs current permits
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association, California Crime Prevention Officers Association, Association of Threat Assessment Professionals, American Society for Industrial Security, National Sheriff's Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: National Conference presenter, subject matter expert on: Personal Safety/Situational Awareness, Emergency Preparedness, Child Safety Awareness, Foreign and Domestic Travel Safety Best Practices, Fire Prevention and Awareness, Self-Defense for Women
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No, never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fifteen cases. Over 100 site evaluations and vulnerability assessments
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Workplace violence, vulnerability assessments, security audits, risk assessment, security standards and practices, standards of care, use of force/over-escalation, guard performance, negligent/inadequate security, site evaluations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40 per cent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60 per cent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Fifteen depositions
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Eleven times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Fifteen times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Seven years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Security consulting, site assessments, penetration testing, site inspections, risk assessment, workplace violence intervention, threat mitigation, physical security measures (cameras, motion detection, monitoring, fencing...)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: My rate continues to be $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My standard rate remains at $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 350 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Please refer to Retainer Agreement
J. Scott Donald
Spinelli, Donald, & Nott, PC
8155 S Street, 2nd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95811
Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP
214 Main Street # 110
El Segundo, CA 90245