-Nationally certified Forensic Consultant and Medical Investigator
-Nationally published author, lecturer, and instructor
-Workplace Violence Intervention/Hostile Terminations
-Violent Threat Mitigation/Risk Assessments
-Security standards and practices/Standards of care
-Vulnerability Assessments/Security Consulting
-Guard Performance/Inadequate or Negligent Security
-Crime Prevention/Site Security Design
-Use of Force and Over-escalation
-30 years combined law enforcement and security management
- Bars/Lounges/Night Clubs
- Crime Foreseeability
- Deadly/Excessive Force
- Disaster Management
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Fire & Life Safety
- Hazardous Materials
- Hotel Security
- Human Resources
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Law Enforcement
- Lighting & Illumination
- Negligent Hiring
- Parking Lots/Garages
- Premises Liability
- Risk Management
- School Safety
- School Security
- Security Guards
- Security Management
- Special Event Security
- Violent Crimes
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Eagle Scout Alumni Organization, Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant, Certified Homeland Protection Professional, Certified Forensic Consultant, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services/Department of Consumer Affairs current permits, UC Davis graduate (B.A. Psychology)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA), American Society of Safety Professionals ASSP), California Crime Prevention Officers Association (CCPOA), Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP Worldwide), American Society for Industrial Security ASIS International), Global Society of Homeland and National Security Professionals GSHNSP), Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA), National Sheriff's Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: National Conference presenter, subject matter expert on: Personal Safety/Situational Awareness, Emergency Preparedness, Child Safety Awareness, Foreign and Domestic Travel Safety Best Practices, Fire Prevention and Awareness, Self-Defense for Women, Managing Aggressive Behavior, Verbal Defusing Skills for Security Officers
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No, never
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fifteen cases. Over 80 site evaluations and vulnerability assessments
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Workplace violence, vulnerability assessments, security audits, risk assessment, security standards and practices, standards of care, use of force/over-escalation, guard performance, negligent/inadequate security, crime foreseeability, site evaluations
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 40 per cent
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 60 per cent
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 9 depositions
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 7 times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 7 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 11 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Security consulting, site assessments, penetration testing, site inspections, risk assessment, workplace violence intervention, threat mitigation, physical security measures (cameras, motion detection, monitoring, fencing...)
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: My rate continues to be $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: My standard rate remains at $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $ 350 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $ 350 per hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Please refer to Retainer Agreement
J. Scott Donald
Spinelli, Donald, & Nott, PC
8155 S Street, 2nd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95811
Hinshaw & Culbertson, LLP
214 Main Street # 110
El Segundo, CA 90245