Mr. Young is an alarm technician currently practicing in the field. He is a Fire Alarm Planning Superintendent (APS), a Licensed Private Investigator (LPI) and an alarm systems expert. In the business for 34 years, he still owns and operates an alarm systems company. The typical case that Mr. Young is retained for is a loss-of-life or property event in which the Fire Alarm or other electronic system did not perform as expected or designed. Especially well versed in the installation and legal application of Fire, Security, Cameras, Access Control, Dementia Retention and Infant Security systems, Mr. Young has many years' experience personally installing, programming and servicing these systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Consumer Products
- Emergency Communications & 911
- Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Nursing Homes
- Premises Liability
- Safety Equipment
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Fire Alarm Technician (Texas)since 2003
Alarm Planning Superintendent (commercial and residential)
Security systems technician since 1981
Certified Alarm Technician
ESA Fire Alarm Technician Level III
Access Control Technician
Licensed Professional Investigator
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Member; National Fire Protection Association
VP North Texas Chapter; Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Association
Member; Texas Fire Marshal's Association
Member; Electronic Security Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Fire Alarm Inspections course; given to Smith County Fire Marshal and staff.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Five.
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fire Alarm systems; Forensic analysis of the design, installation, monitoring, servicing of the system and the description of the system's failures, as well as who might be the cause of such failures.
Access Control systems installation and application.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Once
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 11
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Evidence Recovery and Storage
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $175
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $175
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expense at cost. Airfare 1st class if over 1.5 hours flight.
$40 per diem.
50 cents per mile for driving cost.
All travel time charged at the hourly rate of $175.
References upon request.