Dr. Sushner is a licensed periodontist with 39+ years of experience in clinical periodontics and dentistry. He has served as an adjunct clinical faculty at Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine in Fort Lauderdale, FL from 2014- 2020.
Previously, Dr. Sushner practiced dentistry and periodontics for 34 years as a partner in a private dental practice in Falls Church, Virginia. He is a former Adjunct Clinical Professor at Georgetown University College of Dentistry. Dr. Sushner received specialty training and certification in periodontics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Graduate School of Dentistry and at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Leavenworth, Kansas.
Dr. Sushner has extensive experience in litigation support for both plaintiff and defense counsel. Dr. Sushner has been called upon to express opinions on the dental standard of care in cases involving periodontal disease, gum disease, dental implants, oral pathology, prosthetic dentistry, endodontic, and restorative dentistry. Dr. Sushner has provided expert witness services since 1995. Dr. Sushner holds a Florida Expert Witness Certificate. Dr. Sushner takes pride in providing quality and efficient expert witness services to counsel and their clients. Dr. Sushner can be reached at LSUSHNER@GMAIL.COM and is happy to answer questions or concerns related to your case.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Medical Malpractice
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry D.D.S.
Certificate in Periodontics University of Missouri-Kansas City Graduate School of Dentistry
Certificate in Periodontics Veterans Administration Hospital Center, Leavenworth, Kansas
Active dental licensure in Virginia
Expert Witness Certificate from the Florida Department of Health.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Dental Association
Virginia Dental Association
Northern Virginia Dental Society
American Academy of Periodontology
Florida Association of Periodontists
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Georgetown University College of Dentistry- Adjunct Clinical Professor
NOVA Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine- Adjunct Clinical Professor
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 200+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: periodontal disease, dental implants, prosthetic dentistry, TMJ injuries, jaw fractures, root canals or endodontics, restorative and cosmetic dentistry, oral surgery, extractions, oral infections, dental hospitalizations, paresthesia cases
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 50
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: August 2019
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 25
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting, case evaluation, clinical examination, reports, litigation support
Available Upon Request