Nikoui and Associates, Forensic Identification Services & Consulting. LLC is an independent and licensed fingerprint laboratory. We specialize in the arts and science of fingerprint development, collection, documentation and identification of latent print evidence. We are committed to utilize the latest proven technologies to process and recover latent fingerprints from all types of substrates, such as paper, plastic, metal, glass, etc. we utilize a wide range of various chemical, physical, lighting, and image enhancement techniques in order to extract the maximum amount of latent print evidence from submitted items.
In addition, our certified staff provide a complete fingerprint analysis, comparison, evaluation, identification and verification services. We will compose a concise and clear technical report, including a permanent digital file containing copies of all communications, documentations, images and print charts for you to review and remotely download.
N&A staff are internationally certified and court-qualified. They can provide expert testimony regarding fingerprint identification and crime scene investigation matters. The technical staff can impartially review police crime scene reports, collected evidence, documents, photographs and forensic lab reports for thoroughness and accuracy.
The Nikoui and Associates also can provide a full range of photographic and crime scene investigation related services. We guarantee a smooth transition of evidence from our fingerprint laboratory to our associated DNA laboratory for the DNA analysis if needed.
Mr. Nikoui is the chief forensic examiner and the director of the Nikoui and Associates, FISC, LLC. Mr. Nikoui has over 37 years of full time experience in the field of forensic identification and crime scene investigation. He is certified by the International Association for Identification (The IAI) as a Latent Print Examiner, Senior Crime Scene Analyst and Forensic Photographer. Mr. Nikoui has worked on over 30,000 criminal and private cases since 1985, including 30 years of full-time experience in law enforcement agencies.
The Nikoui and Associates, FISC, LLC has been serving both law enforcement agencies and private entities, such as law firms, insurance companies, private investigators and general public for the past 15 years. The firm is registered with the State of California as a S. Corporation. The Nikoui and Associates Fingerprint laboratory is located in Newark, California. However, we accept cases from all 50 States of the Union and other countries and territories.
- Analytical Testing Labs
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Demonstrative Evidence/Exhibits
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Private Investigators
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Associate of Arts Degree - Received June 1981
Marshalltown Community College
Marshalltown, Iowa, USA
Bachelor of Fine Arts - Received December 1983
University of South Dakota
Vermillion, SD, USA
Chief Forensic Specialist, Crime Lab Manager, Fremont Police Department Department 1987-2014
Certified Latent Print Examiner, by The International Association for Identification, Since 1994
Certified Senior Crime Scene Analyst, by The International Association for Identification, Since 1994
Certified Forensic Photographer, by The International Association for Identification, Since 2002
Court-qualified forensic practitioner, testified as an expert witness in municipal, state and federal courts 150+ times.
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: The International Association for Identification, (The IAI) Life Member
The International Association for Identification, California State Division (CSDIAI) Life Member
International Crime Scene Investigators Association (ICSIA), Member
Northern California Forensic Identification Study Group, Member
CSDIAI Latent Print Certification Board, Member
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: 35 years experience in teaching and providing technical presentation to forensic professionals, law enforcement crime scene and patrol officers, college interns, high school student, attorneys and interested public in variety of subject matters, in variety of subjects related to the field of forensic identification, forensic photography and crime scene investigation. I have provided numerous presentations in forensic conferences, association meetings, law enforcement facilities, schools and colleges. Provided various training courses in latent print processing and recovery, fingerprint identification, crime scene processing, forensic photography, digital image enhancement and processing, automated fingerprint identification system (AFIS), physical and chemical evidence processing, macro and fluorescent photography, automated and manual photo processing technique, etc.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No.
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Thousands
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Fingerprint/Palm Print Analysis, Comparison and Identification, Chemical and Physical Fingerprint Processing, Recovery and Documentation, DNA Collection, Automated Fingerprint Identification Services, Forensic Photography, Photographic Image Enhancement.
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 80%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 20%
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: Over 150 Times
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: Over 150 Times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 9 Years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Fingerprint, Analysis, Comparison and Evaluation
Physical Evidence Processing for Recovery of Latent Finger and Palm Prints
Forensic Photography and Image Processing
Crime Scene Investigation, Evidence Collection, Documentation and Processing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $250 Per Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $250 Per Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $350 Per Hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $350 Per Hour
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: All evidence processing, including chemical and physical fingerprint evidence processing and documentation, report writing, documentation and administrative time is under the based $250 per hour rate.
Theodore Vialet, ESQ
225 Broadway, Suite 1010 NY, NY 10007
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Upon Request
ADC, CJA and Respondent Parents’ Counsel Contract Investigator
Stellar Investigations, LLC
P.O. Box 461156
Denver, CO 80246
John A. Mason, Esq.
Gurnee Mason Rushford Bonotto & Forestiere LLP
2240 Douglas Boulevard, Suite 150
Roseville, CA 95661-3875
Attorney at Law
331 “J” Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, Ca. 95814
Brian J. Urankar | Special Counsel
Hall & Evans, LLC
1001 Seventeenth Street, Suite 300
Denver, CO 80202
M. R. Weiss, Attorney At Law
Raymond R. Miller
The Law Offices of Raymond R. Miller
1151 Harbor Bay Parkway Ste. 142
Alameda, CA 94502
Assistant Federal Defender
Eastern District of California, Sacramento
Office: 916 498 5706, ext. 7228
Ron Hedding, Attorney At Law
16000 Ventura Blvd., Penthouse Suite 1208
Encino, CA 91436
Telephone: (818) 986-2092
Fax: (818) 986-2028