I provide an honest assessment of the medical facts to determine whether health care professionals or healthcare entities delivered the standard of care performance or committed medical negligence. Based on my medical education and experience and expert witness background, I explain complex kidney issues so that attorneys, jurors, and laypersons understand the science and how it impacts a person’s health.
• Owner/Partner of a leading nephrology practice based in the Greater
Washington, DC area
• Graduated Stanford University, Rutgers University Medical School
• Board Certified nephrologist with over 12 years of clinical practice
serving over 250 dialysis patients
• Provided medical director oversight at 2 high performing dialysis facilities
• Executed and maintained high standards with all CMS initiatives,
guidelines, and safety protocols
• Served as a key opinion leader at national events regarding hemodialysis
• Displayed high clinical acumen using evidence base medicine
to teach medical residents and students
My background as an expert witness over the last five years are below:
• Reviewed over 75 medical malpractice cases for both plaintiff and
• Demonstrated expertise at over 17 depositions.
• Testified at trial three times.
• Selected to Castle Connolly Top Nephrologist
• Awarded America’s Top Physician in Nephrology by Consumer
Research Council of America and
• Named one of the “Top 10 Nephrologist” by the American Registry
• Inducted to the Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (ASN).
• Served on the Practicing Nephrology Group, the Nephrology Diversity
and Inclusion Work Group, and the American Society of Nephrology
Workforce and Training Committee
- Critical Care Medicine
- Medical Malpractice
- Nephrology (Kidney)
- Transplant Surgery
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Degrees
Masters in Public Health - concentration in Health Administration
District of Columbia - Active
Maryland - Active
ABIM - Nephrology expiration 2028
ABIM - Internal Medicine expiration 2026
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Nephrology
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Speaking
NxStage Medical - speaker for home hemodialysis
Amgen - speaker for nephrology products
Relypsa - speaker for nephrology products
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 75 occasions
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Renal Transplant
Home Hemo Dialysis
Chronic Kidney Disease
Acute Kidney Injury
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60% plaintiff
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40% defense
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 17
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2021
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 20
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 8
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: medical review of chart
phone call discussion about the case
deposition and trial testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 600 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 600 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 700 per hour
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 750 per hour
Available Upon Request