Kenneth R. Moses has 50 years of experience in forensic evidence. Specialist in criminal defense and Innocence Projects nationwide. Graduate of U.C.Berkeley established the Crime Scene Investigations Unit of the San Francisco Police Crime Laboratory and was instrumental in the installation of automated fingerprint systems across U.S.
Serves on the Standards Setting Boards of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences in Latent Fingerprints, Crime Scene Investigations, and Bloodstain Pattern Analysis .
Certified Latent Print Examiner and Certified Senior Crime Scene Analyst*, I.A.I., and American Academy of Forensic Sciences. Dedication and Professionalism Award, 1997, Criminal Trial Lawyers Association; Over 700 Court Appearances as Expert Witness. Service nationwide.
Has investigated more than 17,000 crime scenes including 600+ homicides.
- Crime Scene Analysis
- Evidence Analysis & Preservation
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B/Crim in Criminology, University of California, Berkeley
Certified Senior Crime Scene Analyst
Certified Latent Print Examiner
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Academy of Forensic Sciences
International Association for Identification
International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Instructor in Biometrics, U.C.L.A.; Los Angeles; 2000-2005
Crime Scene Investigation; Central Intelligence Agency; MacLean, Va. 2005
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 1500+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Crime Scene investigations and reconstruction, physcial evidence, proper standards and police procedures regarding forensic evidence, latent fingerprint comparisons, automated fingerprint identification systems (AFIS,)
laboratory development of fingerprints from documents and other objects, blood spatter analysis
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 15
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 85
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2014
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 800 plus
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 800 plus
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 45
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: laboratory testing, case review in pre- and post-conviction criminal cases, examination and analysis of physical evidence
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 350
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 350
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: normal travel expenses (federal standards)
151 Merrimac Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA. 02114-1721
Bluhm Law Clinic
357 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Deputy Public Defender
210 W. Temple
Los Angeles, CA 90012