Garage Door Experts offers expert assistance in the field of garage doors and automatic gates. Our experts have over 40 years of experience in garage door and gate manufacturing, product design, product safety, installation, repair, etc. Our database includes thousands of industry technical documents and injury case studies. We are uniquely qualified to assist attorneys, insurance organizations, and investigators for both plaintiff and defense, claimant and respondent across the nation. We are experienced in both state and federal cases, civil or criminal, including litigation, arbitration, mediation, and settlement.
Areas of Expertise
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Accreditation - Institute for Door Education & Accreditation
Bachelor of Science - University of Utah, Business Management with emphasis on Engineering
Licensed Door & Gate Contractor - Nevada, Utah, Arizona
Employees Certified in Doors & Gates - Institute for Door Education & Accreditation
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Underwriter's Laboratories - Voting Member, UL 325 Standards Technical Panel (Governing standard for doors & gates)
International Door Association
Las Vegas Executive Association
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Guest speaker, West Virginia University Law School - Expert Witnessing
Speaker and Instructor, International Door Association Convention - Risk Mgt
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 50+
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Garage Doors
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 67%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 33%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 10+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: October 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 4
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: Since 2005
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting
Expert Witness Testimony - Depositions, Trial
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $225
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $275
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $275
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: $100/hour travel time
Available Upon Request