Ken Wheatley MA, CPP is a former FBI Special Agent and global Chief Security Officer for a Fortune 50. He is a board certified organizational and security management consultant with over 30 years of experience in premises liability, use of force, workplace violence, special event security, security procedures, negligent hiring/supervision, and investigations. His practice is based on providing clients with an accurate assessment of the circumstances and facts in order to make informed decisions about their case.
Mr. Wheatley has investigated over 1,000 cases during his career. He earned a Master’s Degree, summa cum laude, from Webster University.
Areas of Expertise
- Apartment/Condominium Security
- Inadequate/Negligent Security
- Parking Lots/Garages
- Premises Liability
- Retail Security
- School Security
- Security Guards
- Security Management
- Workplace Violence
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Protection Professional (CPP) since 1997
California Licensed Investigator: License # 29029
Master's Degree in Business and Organizational Security Management, Webster University, summa cum laude (4.0)
University of Louisville - CPTED Certificate (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC) - Committee Chair
International Security Management Association (ISMA) (Past President)
Forensic Expert Witness Association (FEWA) - President, San Diego Chapter & Member of National Board
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Adjunct and guest lecturer at UCSD, Florida International University, California State University, Grossmont College, National University and numerous domestic and international speaking engagements. Topics included: investigations, crisis management, meeting security, global supply chain security, business risks, six sigma, corporate espionage, business continuity and resilience, emerging trends, environmental issues, & workplace violence prevention
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 8+ cases
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Use of Force
Guard Force Negligence
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 4+
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 2018
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 1
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 1
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 4
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Security consulting, risk assessments, site inspections, training, investigations, policies and procedures
David Russell w/ Keller Rohrback LLP, 203-623-1900
Brian Gonzalez w/ Law Offices of Brian C. Gonzalez, 800-884-1072
Arnold Wang w/ Arias, Sanguinetti, Stahle & Torrijos LLP, 310-844-9696
Serena Harmon w/ Tribble Ross, 713-622-0444