I am a Mayo Clinic trained, triple board certified (Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology) Hematologist/Oncologist with over 30 years of clinical medical practice experience and over 25 years of medical expert witness work. I decipher complex internal medical issues. I have been heavily involved in ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) and ASCO's QOPI (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative) and CPC (Clinical Practice Committee - coding/practice management). My medical legal cases have involved cases as diverse as wrong site surgery, thrombophilias, and delayed diagnosis of cancers. I am available 24/7 for my patient and attorney clients. I have been retained by attorneys all over the USA, Singapore, Australia and the UK. I have assisted with over 375 cases and participated in over 80 depositions/trials.
- Internal Medicine
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: MD - University of Minnesota (Duluth/Minneapolis) 1982
Medical Licences - Montana 1988-2010; 2021 - ongoing
Hawaii 2010 - ongoing
California 2021 - ongoing
Board Certified - Internal Medicine (1984), Hematology (1988), Oncology (1989)
FACP (Fellow American College of Physicians) - 1994
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) 1989 - ongoing
ACCC (Association of Community Cancer Centers)
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Clinical Instructor/Associate Professor - University of Washington WAMI program 1988-2010
Tumor Board director - Montana - Oncology and Gynecologic Oncology; Maui - Oncology
Guest Speaker for Physical Therapy Students University of Montana - 3 years
Instructor Genetics (Nursing Program) University of Hawaii (Maui) 2012-2013
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: No
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: over 380 cases
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Internal Medicine
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 95%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 5%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: 43 times in the last 4 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: 6/28/23
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 82 depositions/trials
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 16 times
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: over 25 years
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting, Medical Record Review, Depositions, Testify in Court, Proffer/Report Writing
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $475
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $475
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $650 plus a per diem for out of county appearances
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $750 plus a per diem for out of county appearances
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, copying, organizing documents, review documents, client consultations, research, conferences, analysis, testing, responding to discovery requests, investigating, reading and signing deposition transcripts, preparing exhibits, preparing demonstrative aids, preparation time for testifying at deposition, trial, hearing, arbitration and/or other venues. See my Retention Contract.
Roger Johnson, Missouri
Joe Bravo, California