Dr. Michels is a logistics/supply chain expert with in-depth experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing, inventory control, procurement and business operations. He is a retired U.S. Air Force Colonel with 30 years of service in all phases of military and industrial logistics...He has extensive domestic and international expertise in warehousing, inventory control, trucking, procurement, sourcing and overall business operations.
His testimony and written reports are crisp, clear, highly detailed and granular resulting in substantial victories for his clients at both the state and federal level. He is a very articulate, dynamic eloquent speaker in front of a jury, classroom or public setting.
He has led and managed over 2 Million square feet of industrial and warehouse space in the Arctic, Pacific and the United States.His rich logistics and engineering background ensure a safe operating environment. He is able to clearly aid triers of fact to understand complicated questions in an easy to understand manner.
He has testified in state and federal courts on supply chain matters in transportation, warehousing, logistics, sourcing, procurement and quality control matters.
He served as the Dean of the College of Business at Montana State University-Billings, as well as the Dean, School of Systems and Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, Ohio.
He is certified by SOLE, the International Society of Logistics as a Certified Professional Logistician.
- Logistics/Freight Forwarding
- Supply Chain
- Transportation Safety
- Warehouse Operations
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: B.S., Electronic Engineering Technology, Weber State University, Ogden, Utah
M.S. Systems Management, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
PhD, Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
MPA, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
M.A., Naval War College, Newport, Rhode Island
Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas and Montana
Certified Professional Logistician
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: Air Force Association
National Defense Industrial Association
Rotary International, 4 time Paul Harris Fellow
Institute of Industrial Engineers
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, Committee Chair, Industrial and Systems Examination Committee
SOLE-- The International Society of Logistics
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Dean, School of Systems and Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dayton, Ohio
Dean, College of Business, Montana State University, Billings, Montana
Adjunct Professor, College of Business, G. Brint Ryan College of Business, University of North Texas
Adjunct Professor, College of Business, University of Texas At Arlington, Arlington, Texas
Guest Lecturer, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: None
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 9
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: Logistics, transportation, warehousing, rental equipment, forklift operations, trucking, rail car operations, business operations, supply chain management, death by negligence
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 35%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 65%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: Twice in last 5 years
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: March 2020
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: 9
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: 3
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 15
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: Consulting and Case Review
Discovery Preparation and Planning
Research and Analysis to determine root causes of technical, managerial or organizational problems
Expert Opinion and Rebuttal Reports
Deposition and Expert Witness Testimony
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: $410.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: $410.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: $410.00
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: $410.00
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: Travel expenses, per diem, mailing, exemplar development and production are in addition to hourly fees. All travel is portal to portal.
1. Gary Halbert, Partner Holland and Knight Washington DC 202-468-5105
2. Nick R. Herrick, Senior Associate Moye White Denver, CO 303-292-7905
3. Paulette Ivan, Partner Reminger Co. LPA Columbus, Ohio 614-228-1311
4. Maxwell S. Bayman, Senior Associate Hermes Law Dallas, Texas 214-749-6511
5. W. Kelly Puls, Partner Puls Law PLLC Fort Worth, Texas 817-338-1717