Mr. Pina has forty plus years experience in safety, health, and environmental management/loss prevention for construction, demolition, coal, chemical, steel, environmental remediation,and hazardous waste. Indiana University of PA Safety Science Faculty. Taught environmental, earth and space science for five years in the PA public school system.
His areas of expertise include: OSHA Safety & Health, Environmental, Asbestos, Demolition, Construction Management, Forklifts, slip, trip,& falls, fire/explosion prevention, Chemical Plant Operations & Maintenance, Defensive Driver, Emergency Medical Technician. Familiarity with OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Accident Investigation
- Construction Safety
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Toxicology
- Equipment & Machinery
- Hazardous Materials
- Hazardous Waste
- Industrial Hygiene & Mold
- Labels & Warnings
- Ladders & Scaffolds
- Lead Poisoning
- Machine Guarding
- Occupational/Environmental Health
- Oil & Gas
- Power Tools
- Products Liability
- Safety Engineering
- Safety Equipment
- Sanitary Engineering/Waste Management
- School Safety
- Slip, Trip & Fall
- Transportation Safety
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Wrongful Death
- Q: Please list your professional accreditations, degrees, licenses, and certificates granted:
- A: Certified Safety Professional (CSP)Certified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, certificate #12775
Certified Professional Instructor II, certificate #75-044339
Defensive Driver, National Safety Council, Certificate # 4121503
40 hr. Hazardous Waste Protection Certificate (HAZWOPER)
8 hr. Supervisory HAZWOPER
32 hr. Asbestos Abatement Contractor/Supervisory Certification
24 hr. Asbestos Building Inspector
DOE Radiation Worker II
DOT Air Shipping Dangerous Goods
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Q: Please list your affiliations or memberships in any professional and/or industry organizations:
- A: American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE),
- elected to Professional Member Status 1n 1996
- member of local Western Pennsylvania chapter of ASSE
Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) Chairman
American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
American Trauma Society
- Q: Please list any teaching or speaking experience you have had, including subject matter:
- A: Numerous on safety, health, asbestos, demolition, environmental, etc.
- Q: Have any of your accreditations ever been investigated, suspended or removed? (if yes, explain)
- A: no
- Q: On how many occasions have you been retained as an expert?
- A: 150
- Q: For what area(s) of expertise have you been retained as an expert?
- A: safety, health, environmental
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the plaintiff?
- A: 60%
- Q: In what percentage of your cases were you retained by the defendant?
- A: 40%
- Q: On how many occasions have you had your deposition taken?
- A: ~25
- Q: When was the last time you had your deposition taken?
- A: November 2016
- Q: On how many occasions have you been qualified by a court to give expert testimony?
- A: numerous
- Q: On how many occasions have you testified as an expert in court or before an arbitrator?
- A: more than a dozen
- Q: For how many years have you worked with the legal industry as an expert?
- A: 19
- Q: What services do you offer? (E.g.: consulting, testing, reports, site inspections etc.)
- A: consulting/training/site inspections/environmental assessments/construction management
- Q: What is your hourly rate to consult with an attorney?
- A: 250/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to review documents?
- A: 250/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide deposition testimony?
- A: 400/hr
- Q: What is your hourly rate to provide testimony at trial?
- A: 400/hr
- Q: Please list any fees other than those stated above (E.g.: travel expenses, copy fees, etc.)
- A: travel@govt rate for mileage,
other expenses reimbursable
Richard M. Jurewicz, Esquire
Galfand Berger, LLP
1818 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Michael Ognibene, Esquire
PO Box 4273
Warren, OH 44482-4273